Why does Engine Restart when put in Park?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 08:43 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Why does Engine Restart when put in Park?

Well I have been snoop'n arround this website for quite some time now and appreciate everyones input.

Thanks for the information, my DRIVERS door FINALLY auto unlocks !! lmao

Does anybody know how to make either ALL DOORS or PASS. DOOR unlock as well ?

Old 12-06-2007, 08:49 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I have mine set to lock all drs. when ICE starts and the drivers door unlocks when the ICE is stopped. Can not remember if you can program all doors to unlock? H

Old 12-06-2007, 09:40 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Harold
I have mine set to lock all drs. when ICE starts and the drivers door unlocks when the ICE is stopped. Can not remember if you can program all doors to unlock? H
I just checked, and it is not one of the options. I dont understand why it wouldnt be an option ? At least the driver and passanger door. Oh well, got to love the CIVIC

Old 12-06-2007, 10:39 AM

It's all in the name of safety. At one point in time all doors would unlock but then some genius came up with a scare tactic. That being that somebody could be hiding on the other side of your car and when you unlock the door they would have a way in as well. So there is some merit, it just sucks that we live in the world with these kinds of worries.

Old 12-06-2007, 12:06 PM

I had friend in college get carjacked. They got in at a stop light. He thought he was a gonner and jumped from the moving vehicle. He was shot, survived, and lost a foot of small intestine.

I love the door lock feature.

Old 12-06-2007, 01:32 PM

The door lock feature in question is at open (in most cars you have to press disarm twice to open pass door). All doors lock once movement is detected (at least that is what happens in my MINI). This feature prevents things like what happened to your friend. I would prefere that when I disarm my car, both driver and pass doors unlock with single click. Or at least make it an option to do so, or have a button that lets me unlock both doors.

Last edited by livvie; 12-06-2007 at 02:07 PM.
Old 12-06-2007, 02:31 PM

You have a button that unlocks all the doors now? H

Old 12-06-2007, 04:25 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Exclamation Re: Why does Engine Restart when put in Park?

Originally Posted by Black Ice
I just checked, and it is not one of the options. I dont understand why it wouldnt be an option ? At least the driver and passanger door. Oh well, got to love the CIVIC
I hope that this statement is due to minor differences in our cars. Mine definitely has all-door unlock which is programmable for when you switch to Park or when you turn off the engine. There are like 5 and 7 different options for auto lock and auto unlock on my 2007 HCH-II in Canada. Plus immobilizer and car alarm built in...

Please double-check your manual to see if it's there.

Old 12-06-2007, 09:14 PM
Energy Independence

Spinner (and others),
I *think* I remember on another thread here that there are indeed upgrades to the programming options about locking/unlocking the doors. The 2006 is limited. The 2007-up have more options. I even remember folks questioning whether the 2006 could get the upgraded programming options put into their 2006. My guess is that the program is on an eProm, but we'll never see that eProm upgraded to the 2007 specs. Therefore, I bet the only option would be to BUY the eProm (and whatever component board/module it is sold with). I'd like more options, too, on my 2006.

Old 12-07-2007, 08:19 AM

That's a great feature. I wish I had it.

Quick Reply: Why does Engine Restart when put in Park?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands