Will I have enough gas to get home?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2005, 11:53 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Will I have enough gas to get home?

Here's the deal.. Should have put at least a couple bucks in this morning but didn't. I have 483 miles on this tank already and my commute home is 30 miles with moderate to heavy traffic. This tank average is between 44.6 and 45 miles. I going between 5 dashes, then 4 dashes then 3 dashes then back up to 5 dashes then 4 dashes then 3. When I parked this morning it was on 3 dashes.. Think I have enough gas to get home?

Old 05-26-2005, 12:32 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Will I have enough gas to get home?

I say you will have no problem...I have gotten up to 80 miles AFTER my "low fuel warning light" came on. Yours has not come on yet, right? I say you are completely safe to drive 30 miles.. Even if you only have the 11.9 gallon tank, 11.9 * 44.6 = 530 miles, so even if that is an absolute, you still have AT WORST 47 miles of gas....

Fret Not Pegs !!!

Old 05-26-2005, 12:47 PM
Active Enthusiast

Yeah that's what I figured.. I have the 13.2 gas tank so I'm thinking at least 2 gallons at the least.. This is such a switch from gassing up on 1/2 a tank.. No low fuel light yet..

Old 05-26-2005, 02:46 PM

I've driven 50 miles home before on one bar remaining.
Next day no bars appeared and pumped 11 point something, so I still had a good reserve.

Mind you that was the wee hours of morning with almost zero traffic.

Old 05-26-2005, 03:21 PM
Active Enthusiast

Made it.. Still hovering between 3 and 4 bars with 511 on the tripometer.. I wont be doing this tomorrow.. I'll buy some gas tomorrow..

Old 05-26-2005, 03:28 PM

my guess is that you can put 11.4 gallons in there without topping off...Let us know !!

Old 05-26-2005, 03:38 PM
G.H. Contributor

Originally Posted by peggy
Made it.. Still hovering between 3 and 4 bars with 511 on the tripometer.. I wont be doing this tomorrow.. I'll buy some gas tomorrow..
Peggy, I just thought I would take a minute and say hello. I was reading the new Threads posted today and saw you were still on this thread.

Hi
Terry

Old 05-26-2005, 05:09 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lars-ss
my guess is that you can put 11.4 gallons in there without topping off...Let us know !!
Will do.. As soon as I get to work I'll post..

Old 05-26-2005, 05:10 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tigerhonaker
Peggy, I just thought I would take a minute and say hello. I was reading the new Threads posted today and saw you were still on this thread.

Hi
Terry
Hi There! I see you information says used to own a civic hybrid. did you trade it in...

Old 05-26-2005, 05:43 PM
G.H. Contributor
Talking Re: Will I have enough gas to get home?

Originally Posted by peggy
Hi There! I see you information says used to own a civic hybrid. did you trade it in...
Peggy ; Not only have I traded it in but I have (Believe-It-Or-Not) forgot how many have been traded in after the HCH went "Bye-Bye". I just traded in a Volvo S60r Sedan 6-speed with many mods and I am driving a now month old Honda Civic EX SE Sedan w/auto trans. Looking at several Hybrids for I think the next vehicle purchase mainly because (Sadly) I'm really getting an attitude about the never ending gas prices. Up-Up-Up-Up and I don't really think that the oil companies are done yet, Just on hold again until the dust settles and then hear we go again Up. So, maybe a Hybrid this next time if I find one I can live with.

Peggy, have a nice rest of the evening and nice chatting with you.

Terry

Quick Reply: Will I have enough gas to get home?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands