Wishlist for '07

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2006, 05:24 PM
Wo ai Zheng!
Lightbulb Wishlist for '07

On the off chance Honda engineers read these threads, I thought it'd be a nice idea to give them a list of easily changed things, and maybe a couple slightly more intensive things, that owners of the '06 HCH would wish for to make future buyers love their cars even more. So, as the owner of a 3-week old Mag Pearl w/o Navi, here's my wish list thus far:

1. Auto-stop. It's great at stop signs, traffic lights, and fast-food drive throughs. However, parking poses a problem. If I'm pulling up to my mailbox, or into a parking space, the autostop (as it should), kicks on because my foot's on the brake, the trans is in drive, the engine's warm, and the batteries are charged. However, there is *NO* go reason to start the ICE up just because I go from 'drive' to 'park', because in less than five seconds, I'm moving the ignition to 'off' anyways. Why waste battery charge and engine life? Granted, I've found that I can work around this by shifting to 'neutral', shutting off the engine, and then going to 'park', but that's silly, and I shouldn't have to do that.

2. The trunk. It's a pretty trunk, don't get me wrong, but having grown up in American cars, I'm something of a paranoid when it comes to carrying around extras like jumper cables, coolant, windshield washer fluid, and oil. Why's this a problem? Because there are no places where I can put those containers without having them sliding all over the place, nor are there any anchor points where I could restrain them with a bungee or cargo net.

3. The spare tire. Why does everyone always use doughnuts? A real fifth wheel would be nice, and some insurance companies even give discounts for having them.

4. Auto stop indicator light. My salesman reported that several folks had said that because the light blinks, they thought it meant something was wrong with the system. Making it solid instead may help reduce that confusion.

Old 04-06-2006, 05:54 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Wishlist for '07

I don't really understand the problem people have with Auto Stop kicking in before putting the car in Park. During a typical commute how many times will AS Kick in - 20-25 times? in a stretch of about 1 mile in a backup it may kick in 10-12 times, I don't creep up in traffic when car's inch forward unless there's a gap of more than 2 car's so I understand the issue about not stopping and restarting the engine when you don't have to but its all part of the process - like stepping on the brakes. When i pull up to my driveway yes AS will kick in and then it may take me 5-30 seconds to find my remote (Hey honda - how about Homelink!!!) How is the car supposed to know that i want to shut the engine off at that point?

I think Honda makes adding accessories ridiculously difficult - i shouldn't need power tools to add a cargo net, so your point with #2 I see is more that Honda should make it easier to add convenience items, its not like were adding say XM Radio - to something that is advertised as "XM Ready" - now don't get me started on that

Last edited by Cityscapex5; 04-06-2006 at 05:57 PM.
Old 04-06-2006, 06:01 PM
Enthusiast

My short list

1 - Folding rear seats

2 - Auto headlights

Old 04-06-2006, 06:06 PM
Active Enthusiast

I would like to see

Homelink
Xenon
Bluetooth
VSC
Auto Headlamps
Rain Sensing Wipers
Integration with the IMA with the Nav System such as in the Prius
Locking Glove Compartment/Light
Heated Seats
Folding Seats (since the battery prevents this i'm ok with it being missing...)

(..and don't raise the MSRP please!)

Old 04-06-2006, 06:06 PM
Wo ai Zheng!

My gripe with the auto-stop restarting the engine when moving from 'drive' to 'park' is that it plain out isn't necessary. My foot never left the brake pedal, so why should the car expect me to attempt powered motion?

Old 04-06-2006, 06:14 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Nice, auto headlamps. I have them in my truck and really appreciate them. Also, bluetooth of course.

Old 04-06-2006, 06:24 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mmrmnhrm
My gripe with the auto-stop restarting the engine when moving from 'drive' to 'park' is that it plain out isn't necessary. My foot never left the brake pedal, so why should the car expect me to attempt powered motion?
i've gotten into the habit of just turning the car off and then shifting it to park. i don't think this poses any problems for the engine. anyone think this is a problem for the engine?

Old 04-06-2006, 07:11 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

1) auto head lights

2) rain sensing wipers

3) Auto unlock when you turn off the car, I love the auto lock and would love the unlock

Old 04-06-2006, 07:12 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by esteban
2 - Auto headlights
Yes, auto headlights! The first night after I got my car, I didn't realize I had forgotten to turn them on because so much of the instruments are already lit (speedometer, tach, and radio).

Old 04-06-2006, 08:00 PM
EKL
Active Enthusiast

My 06 Civic Hybrid can do the "auto lock" and "auto unlock" when I turn off the car.

Originally Posted by clyde2575
1) auto head lights

2) rain sensing wipers

3) Auto unlock when you turn off the car, I love the auto lock and would love the unlock

Quick Reply: Wishlist for '07

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands