XM question

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2007, 11:02 AM
Enthusiast
Question XM question

So today I just discovered that I have XM (DUH!!!!!). I've wasted a month of the free trial without knowing I had the hardware in the new car! Oh well.

So, this is really a basic question -- is there a way to enter a station/channel number (such as 49) rather than continuously clicking the "channel up" button?

thanks in advance!

Old 04-21-2007, 12:00 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: XM question

Yep:
Use the center "dial" to quickly scan by the numbers, stoppingh where you want.

Old 04-21-2007, 02:01 PM
Enthusiast

Or you can just hold down the talk button and then just say "XM Channel 202" Ron & Fez is a great show. You can listen to them from 12-3 eastern everyday.

Last edited by mikester0421; 04-21-2007 at 02:03 PM.
Old 04-21-2007, 09:00 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mikester0421
Or you can just hold down the talk button and then just say "XM Channel 202" Ron & Fez is a great show. You can listen to them from 12-3 eastern everyday.
Ron and Fez is good, but tune in earlier to catch Opie & Anthony. Not for everyone, but if you're sick of being PC all the rest of your life, this show is a good outlet.

Old 04-22-2007, 05:37 AM
Enthusiast
Smile Re: XM question

What center "dial"?

yes, the talk function -- duh!! I haven't played with it much, but tested it as soon as you guys said that and it's pretty cool!!

thanks

PS: I don't like talk radio -- give me good old rock and roll!! More music, less talk -- that's why we want XM to begin with!

Old 04-22-2007, 09:26 PM
Enthusiast

The great thing is that XM facilitates the tastes of most people. I just think back to the days before XM (or Sirius for that matter) and shudder. I had it back when I bought a 2004 Honda Accord and instantly fell in love. My favs include: 27 - Cinemagic 44 - Fred 8 - 80's 131 - BBC Worldservice 202 - The Virus 82 - Exercise Music Channel

Old 04-22-2007, 09:28 PM
Enthusiast

Oh yea, if are in the Audio screen you can hold down the number buttons to set the current XM channel to a favorite. Then if you are on the navi screen later you can still just hit the buttons to change the XM channel. It's a very handy feature since I am one of those people that has the navi screen on even if I know *exactly* where I am going.

Old 04-23-2007, 07:14 PM
Active Enthusiast

Gotta love Channell 164, old time radio. William Conrad as Matt Dillon on Gunsmoke, The Shawdow, The Green Hornet, Burns and Allen, Jack Benny, etc., etc. Great radio

Old 04-23-2007, 08:44 PM
Enthusiast

Yea, I enjoy old time as well.

Old 04-24-2007, 10:34 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ShellyD
I don't like talk radio -- give me good old rock and roll!! More music, less talk -- that's why we want XM to begin with!
Well you're possibly in for disappointment then. Satellite radio isn't what it used to be. Quite a few channels (including the music channels) are now playing commercials and have on-air DJ's that not only talk, but also take callers. It got to the point where I felt satellite offers no benefit over FM (well, at least not at $12.95/mo) so back in January I called to cancel my service. I was given three months free, so I kept my service. Hey, it's worth free! But at the end of this month, I'm calling again to have it canceled. I'll probably only keep it if it was less than half the cost it currently is.

Quick Reply: XM question

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands