need screws for wheel covers

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2006, 01:42 PM
Enthusiast
Thumbs up Re: need screws for wheel covers

*HA* this is great!! I was just adding my own post about my findings and you now have another site for us to use. Wonderful! Glad to see the price is very close to what I paid.

I agree with practicing putting those wheel panels on myself. I should do that. I probably should of tugged on it after screwing it in and I'd see that it wasn't tight enough. I was in a hurry and lying on the wet ground between two cars after washing mine trying to get the screw in so wasn't as careful as I should be.

I'll remember you advice about letting someone else remove/replace those covers.I thought of that recently too as it's not a part mechanics are used to dealing with so I'd prefer to do it myself (after all they'd probably not agree to pay to replace the cover if it fell off).

Thanks for the info, I'll definitely make a PDF copy of this post and save it for later use.

You've owned 3 Insights? wow that says a lot about the car too. I have an '05 too but it's a CVT (I wanted a manual like all my past cars but my husband prefers auto - and ya know what? I drive it much, much more than he does so why did I listen to him?). But then again, I couldn't find a manual in the few months we were searching. I'm lucky to get 55mpg/tank but then I drive 1/2 in hilly country - otherwise on flat highways I can get 60+ mpg.

Thanks again,
Deb