Please list mpg on insight

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 07:16 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Please list mpg on insight

Originally Posted by wunderschatz
I got my Insight II last week Friday and I couldn't be happier. The first few trips I averaged in the low 40s, but as I am getting more comfortable with the car (I come from a Dodge truck), I get higher MPG's every day. On my way home last night I had my best result yet, 63.3 MPG!!! (44 miles, 90% freeway with some stop-and-go, 10% city). Of course I completely changed my driving style - from 80 in the left lane to 55 in the right lane. This does take some getting used to.
This morning I drove somewhat "normal" and got 49.5 MPG. <-- ptretty great in my book.
It was interesting...last night on my way home from work, I drove the Insight the same way I used to drive my Ram, 70-80 in the left lane, staying close to the car in front of me, and I had the MID in the mode where it shows only the driven miles. I wanted to avoid seeing how well (or badly) I was doing in terms of MPG's. Plus, I had a passenger with me. I have to be honest, it was really fun to drive this way.
When I was home I really was afraid to change the display, expecting something like 28 MPG. To my surprise, it showed 44 MPG!.
I am more convinced than ever that the Insight II is a realy good car with a lot of potential.
I need to add that I never use the Econ mode except in city traffic, as it gives me more control over the vehicle. Last night I had it turned off the entire time, and the A/C was on.

Last edited by wunderschatz; 05-01-2009 at 07:19 AM.
Old 05-01-2009, 11:43 AM
Enthusiast

I am getting 52.3 MPG. Now that I am not keeping my foot on the gas all the time. My last tank I got 477 miles out of it. I am at half a tank and it is says 248 til empty.

Old 05-01-2009, 06:17 PM
Enthusiast

Ended the week with the MID at 50.5. True MPG is 48. Only off by 2.5 MPG. First tank might not have been full. This is still better than EPA.
Very happy with the Insight. When I had my Civic Hybrid, it was off by 2 MPG's either below or above what the computer said.

Old 05-02-2009, 08:17 PM
Enthusiast

39.65 MPG (manual computation)
42.9 MPG (MID)

Filled up today with a quarter tank left. Traveled 296.8 miles since last fill up. Filled with 7.485 gallons. 100% city driving, all trips 20mins or less. Econ mode used the whole time. I inflated my tires to 40psi at fill up. For this new full tank I've inflated the tires to 44psi (max pressure).

Last edited by capteeou; 05-02-2009 at 08:20 PM.
Old 05-03-2009, 08:46 AM
Insipid Enthusiast

Hey Guys, Thanks for all the great feedback. Just curious if anyone calculated a breakeven point for the HIH and prius? Also, what kind of $ did everyone pay?, I know the MSRP is 19,500. From the info in all the posts it looks like the HIH will be a big hit in popularity and FE.

Thanks

Old 05-03-2009, 09:40 AM
Enthusiast

Mine (EX model) was $21,970 plus tax title and license which came out to about $24,500.

Old 05-03-2009, 11:27 AM
Enthusiast

If by break even you mean at what point does the gas savings cover the extra cost of a hybrid I'm not sure at today's prices that will ever happen for most people.

In fact more hybrids = less demand for gas, less demand should equal lower prices. So strictly from that point of view it's almost a losing preposition.

However; I believe there are other reasons for buying a hybrid/alternative fuel vehicle.

1. I am sending a message to the auto companies that I am willing to support hybrid/alternative fuel technology financially.

2. It works into my personal goal of reducing my energy consumption from non renewable sources in general.

3. I believe it is vital to our security that we reduce our dependence on oil. A lesson we seem to have forgotten after the OPEC oil embargo of the 70s.

If by break even you meant something else, please feel free to ignore my rant.

Old 05-04-2009, 09:48 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Arrow Re: Please list mpg on insight

There are many variables to consider when calculating a break even point between the Insight II and Prius III: trim levels, option packages, discounts, gas prices, financing options. In the end, forget about pennies and buy the one you like best!

Old 05-13-2009, 08:02 PM
Enthusiast

First tank on the Insight turned up 49.2MPG. About 70% city, rest freeways.
Second fill ♠up returned 53.6MPG. Mostly 65 & 55 MPH. Majority of the travel was 60-65 MPH.
I am really enjoying the Insight thus far. It's no 357 magnum, but the ride and economy is better than expected.

Old 05-13-2009, 08:52 PM

Coming up on 4K miles and getting the hang of it. Almost ready for my first oil change and a couple ticks away from my second medallion!

Trip A is 10% 65+ MPH, 20% 30-45 MPH and the rest 55 MPH. Trip B hasn't been reset.

Name:  IMAG0041a.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  6.9 KBName:  IMAG0042a.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  6.4 KB

Quick Reply: Please list mpg on insight

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands