Question? InsightCentral

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2005, 07:39 PM
G.H. Contributor
Question Question? InsightCentral

Hi Everyone

Say I was just wondering do many of you Insight owners or want to be Insight owners visit this web sight forum InsightCentral and if you do have you found it to be very informative or of interest?

I have tried to register in that site and had "NO-LUCK" and have not been able to get any response from them as far as help in loggin in on their site.

So, just thought I would ask and see what you all thought of that Forum?

Terry

Last edited by Jason; 05-25-2005 at 07:42 PM.
Old 05-25-2005, 07:49 PM
Contributor ($)
Default Re: Question? InsightCentral

I do use Insightcentral for some of my info and I post there as well. It was one of the first hybrid car sites I ever came across. Although I love my Insight, my interest in hybrid cars is much broader, so at times InsightCentral can be much too limiting.

Old 05-25-2005, 08:12 PM
G.H. Contributor

Originally Posted by ericbecky
I do use Insightcentral for some of my info and I post there as well. It was one of the first hybrid car sites I ever came across. Although I love my Insight, my interest in hybrid cars is much broader, so at times InsightCentral can be much too limiting.
Speaking of different Hybrids than just the Insight. I drove by and saw (Are-You-Ready) a 2005 Hybrid Prius for sell on a dealers lot. I did not have time to stop it was lunch time but I bet they have it marked up like $2,000 to $3,000 over full MSRP.

It was a black one and looked pretty darn sharp.

Terry

PS The reason I'm telling this little story is that here there has always been a waiting list on the Prius.

Old 05-25-2005, 08:37 PM
Contributor ($)

Originally Posted by tigerhonaker
I have tried to register in that site and had "NO-LUCK" and have not been able to get any response from them as far as help in loggin in on their site.
I'll post a message over there stating you're having a problem. Hopefully they can clear it up for you.

Old 05-25-2005, 08:38 PM
Banned

....Although I love my Insight, my interest in hybrid cars is much broader, so at times InsightCentral can be much too limiting.
Many will identify me as having been very active at the mentioned site - until recently.

I've been happy with my 2000 5-speed Insight nearly 79,000 miles and five years. Only mechanical problem was a $200 repair of the O2 sensor at 30,000 miles. I don't have the time or knowledge to attempt mods - I don't want to pretend I'm smarter than the engineers at Honda. What little I have to say technically is apt to be locked without explaination as it's likely my post would be redundant on a site that as been up over three years.

That leaves current events. There is this disturbing tendancy for threads on current events being locked without public or private explainations well before a fight occurs. I moderate at a pet site and individually contacts members that are truly disruptive. To lock a thread well before there is trouble is just lazy over-moderating. For instance, it was OK for a moderator there to start a thread on "Bush's hybrid policy", yet my post briefly mentioning the author of "Peak Oil" on Art Bell was locked. I fail to see how one is neither political or controversial, yet the other is. Pleasant tangents, even just a couple of posts are locked as if it was a tirade of obsenities. {sigh}

That site would be cool if they had better moderation....

Therefore, I intend to remain a hybrid enthuasist that has a place to speak my mind - here.

Last edited by Delta Flyer; 05-26-2005 at 05:16 AM.
Old 05-25-2005, 08:47 PM
Contributor ($)

Hey...wait a minute... you mentioned Bush and Oil... Sorry I'll need to lock this thread!
Just kidding.

Delta Flyer, I have always enjoyed reading your posts over at InsightCentral and am glad to see you on the boards here to GreenHybrid. you have a lot of good information and experience to share.

Old 05-25-2005, 08:58 PM
Super Moderator & Contributor ($)

ditto.

I learned a lot about hybrids from IC, they have very good data on the Insight. Having ended up with a Honda Civic Hybrid I have found the forum aspect of the site too restrictive as well. Still it is great place to learn about hybrid tech, especially Honda hybrid tech.

Old 05-25-2005, 09:04 PM
Super Moderator & Contributor ($)

Originally Posted by Delta Flyer
Therefore, I intend to remain a hybrid enthuasist that has a place to speak my mind - here.
Me too! Once you are up to speed reading all the excellent tech info, the "other" place is a little intolerant.

Old 05-26-2005, 01:23 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Hi TigerHonikar:

___Insightcentral has a great group of guys and gals posting all things Insight related. I know why DF is here and he is making valid points but Insightcentral is first rate if you have questions about the Insight in particular. Before writing a check for an Insight (if you end up choosing an Insight over another Hybrid of the many that are available), I highly recommend that you spend as much time over there as here. Your membership issues will go away soon enough but whatever you could possibly ask about the Insight has probably already been discussed multiple times in the distant past. It is up to you to find those hidden gems amongst the noise of course but the search function works wonders over there just as it does here.

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Waynegerdes@earthlink.net

Old 05-26-2005, 06:24 AM
Banned

Perhaps I was a bit harsh about the other site. Of course, it's easier to be frustrated when a site is mostly excellent, but has a couple of areas that needs a lot of work (i.e. moderating) as opposed to a site that is generally mediocre.

They seem to want to be an online technical manual, so there's very little about the most reliable Honda I've had (4th one) that has not already been posted there.

As a pet site moderator, I get feedback that I'm stern, and I only remove remove posts that are lacking in civility, responsible pet care, or spam. I communicate that clearly publically and privately. On that other site, thread-locking is generally done without explaination. Brief tangents, related-topics that are not quite Insight-related, and the mention of many current events topics are treated as troll-bait - locked. Those that know me are aware my mildly political injections are for the general population to take the envirnoment seriously - not to adopt a particular party line.

It was about the third time over two years that site got lock-happy. It's just not fun having to proofread posts several times and then the thread might get locked anyway when another member fails to dot the i - cross the t.

Thank you for allowing me to speak. I've pretty much said my peace. On to more pleasant things....

Quick Reply: Question? InsightCentral

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands