XM Not Available w/Navigation on Insight

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 02:15 PM
Enthusiast
Default XM Not Available w/Navigation on Insight

I talked with a dealer, and XM is not available with the Nav system on the 2010 Insight. XM is available only as an option with the standard audio system.

So you have to choose which is more important to you -- XM or Nav -- you can't have both on the 2010 Insight.

Old 05-07-2009, 06:22 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Arrow Re: XM Not Available w/Navigation on Insight

Originally Posted by caveman1952
So you have to choose which is more important to you -- XM or Nav -- you can't have both on the 2010 Insight.
But you can on the Civic Hybrid.

Old 05-07-2009, 06:46 PM
Default Re: XM Not Available w/Navigation on Insight

Even if you can't have factory installed XM/NAV combo you can still get a portable XM setup and enjoy both. I already had my portable XM radio in my old car so it was just a matter of moving it to the Insight.

I never liked the idea of a fixed XM receiver anyway because then you end up paying a subscription for each receiver if you want it in more than one car. With the portable I pay upfront for one receiver which came as a package with one car kit and one inside kit and the price of the extra car kit. Now I can move XM easily between multiple vehicles and use it in the house as well.

Of course with the Insight's USB connection and a cheap 4G jump drive I'm not using the XM much anyway!

Old 05-08-2009, 10:05 AM
Enthusiast

Someone forwarded me the Honda installation instructions for adding an XM radio to the Insight. These are "dealer" instructions. It shows how to mount for BOTH the LX/EX and for the EX with Navi.

This thread seems to have been started with bad information from someone's dealer when he was told it was an XM or Navi choice but not both.

Old 05-08-2009, 02:13 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by davejazz
Someone forwarded me the Honda installation instructions for adding an XM radio to the Insight. These are "dealer" instructions. It shows how to mount for BOTH the LX/EX and for the EX with Navi.

This thread seems to have been started with bad information from someone's dealer when he was told it was an XM or Navi choice but not both.
Yes, bad info was given to caveman1952!

Here are the directions showing the unit clearly being installed on Insights with or without navi units:

http://www.collegehillshonda.com/ins...10/xmradio.pdf