Hybrid & Related News New cars, press releases, articles and more. Reply only. Have news?

2004 Toyota Prius Technical Service Bulletin

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2004, 06:31 PM
Enthusiast

Has anyone already made the call and had the service completed on their Prius? What happened?
Any problems? Did you take a copy of the PDF in with you?

I'm wondering if you have to call the dealer you bought through, or if the dealer that does your service will work as well. I know there are many out there who snagged their beloved Prii from dealers far away from their hometowns...

Old 09-20-2004, 09:44 AM
Active Enthusiast

I made the call and faxed the pdf to Liberty. There's also a battery recall that'll take all day so I scheduled mine for Oct 11, a federal holiday. I'll get the TSB taken care of then and will let ya'll know what happened. I plan to bring a copy of the TSB just in case.

Old 01-19-2005, 12:55 PM
Enthusiast

My dealer in Chantilly VA said that Toyota will be issueing a new page for the owner's manual that will restate the tank capacity to approx 7 gallons. He said there are no parts developed to rectify the situation spelled out in the TSB. Wild!

Old 01-20-2005, 03:05 PM
Site Founder

Originally Posted by josiedacat
My dealer in Chantilly VA said that Toyota will be issueing a new page for the owner's manual that will restate the tank capacity to approx 7 gallons. He said there are no parts developed to rectify the situation spelled out in the TSB. Wild!
I think your dealer is sadly mistaken. My car is at the dealer right now getting the appropriate service.

Old 02-15-2005, 08:06 AM
Active Enthusiast

After a year, I was still getting low mpg, something like the high 20's. I was also seeing my gas tank go from 2 or 3 bars to blinking just like that. I complained about that to Libery and they were unsure of what to do.

When I saw the TSB on here, I went to Liberty because I qualified. Since then, my mpg has improved somewhat (I have a pretty short commute - about 10 minutes and I live in the mountains). I haven't seen the gas tank drop from 2-3 bars to blinking. The TSB fixes seem to have worked well for me.