Hybrid & Related News New cars, press releases, articles and more. Reply only. Have news?

Hilton Goes Green with Free Hybrid

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 03:20 PM
Site Founder
Default Hilton Goes Green with Free Hybrid

Socialite Paris Hilton truly is a reformed woman--she's going green to save the environment.

The Simple Life star--who promised to change her lifestyle after her recent stint in jail following a 2006 drunk-driving arrest--has traded in her Range Rover sports utility vehicle in favor of a Ford hybrid car--after she was given a free model by the car's manufacturers.
http://www.hollywood.com/news/Hilton...Hybrid/4447353

Old 07-26-2007, 08:08 PM
Energy Independence
Default Re: Hilton Goes Green with Free Hybrid

She says, "Driving hybrid cars is the new way to go. Anyone can do it, no matter how old."
Wow, she's SO smart.

Old 07-27-2007, 01:42 PM
Enthusiast

I would have been slightly impressed if she donated her car to charity and paid for the Ford Hybrid with her own cash.

Ford should consider giving a Ford Escape to every Hummer owner, and then they use the publicity to recycle the Hummer..

Old 07-28-2007, 01:42 PM
Enthusiast

Can you believe it, my perception of her has somewhat changed? One small step for Paris, one giant step for mankind. As for my perception of Ford and most American manufacturers , think still stink.

Old 08-03-2007, 03:01 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I don't really think she's going to be driving that Ford Escape Hybrid around herself in the future. Do you think that this is a sincere Paris Hilton, actually interested in hybrids and saving the environment, or perhaps a scared Paris trying to pull a broad PR stunt to reform her image?

In Hollywood, image is everything. Reputation makes or breaks you.

So she publicly promoted the Escape Hybrid with Ford for a night at a "green" party with tons of celeb magazines and news covering her, and drives it around for now. Then when the press subsides, she'll be back on the road in a Range Rover/Bentley/Mercedes-Benz in no time. Reminds me of a certain NY mayor who declared that he used the subway.

The only good thing is that this is PR for the Escape Hybrid, which in turn highlights hybrids as "celebrity-endorsed." Think back to Leonardo DiCaprio arriving in Prius. Then, more people will hear about hybrids, hybrids keep in the news, and hybrids keep on the minds of car-shoppers. Which is a good thing. But is Paris actually reformed? Don't know about that one.

One more thing. Watch this video of Paris, when she ran out of gas in her Bentley and:
1) Doesn't know what's going on initially
2) Admits to never having had to put gas into her own car before
3) Relies on cameraman to get gas for her, because she somehow can't do it herself.
4) Says that she doesn't know how much a tank of gas costs
5) Throws the change into the backseat, as if it were garbage.

This was in January, 2007. Access Hollywood article here. Judge for yourself

Last edited by bluecivichybrid; 08-03-2007 at 03:09 AM.
Old 08-06-2007, 08:38 PM
Enthusiast

Maybe she can get hypermiling tips from Al Gore's son!

Old 08-07-2007, 07:52 AM
Active Enthusiast

I bet she just wants a contract with Ford. Otherwise she'd have nothing to do with the car.

Old 08-07-2007, 09:18 AM
Banned

Will she make commercials for the FEH like the ones for Carl's?

Old 08-08-2007, 02:13 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Hilton Orders a HUMMER HYBRID...Wait a minute..

8/1/07 NY Post reports: Paris mentions that she has already ordered a HUMMER HYBRID. Um...sure...

Originally Posted by NYPost

Hilton, for her part, continues to show she never went to college. She recently bragged to Us Weekly, "I ordered a Hummer Hybrid"- to which a spokesperson for Hummer responded, "Such a car doesn't exist."
Link from NY Post
Link from US Mag
Link from AutoblogGreen

8/6/07, ABC News reports a revised Paris Hilton hybrid statement:

Originally Posted by ABC News
Hilton is trying her very best to go green. "I'm ordering a hybrid car," she proudly announces. "I'm trying to get a Hummer one designed. I like hybrids, but a lot of them aren't that cute. I'm thinking silver … or maybe I'll get a green one!"
Link to ABC News
Link to AutoblogGreen

Apparently Paris thinks big, hulking Hummers are cute. In silver. Oh wait, that's not an "eco" color! Oh yea, green is! Green!

This post is meant for humor. If any offense is taken, please let me know and I'll edit it appropriately. Since it deals with Paris and hybrids, I thought it was relevant to this thread.

Old 08-08-2007, 06:31 AM
Enthusiast
Angry Re: Hilton Goes Green with Free Hybrid

Thats great !!! people are waiting months for a 08 Escape Hybrid and Ford gives that ditz one. If she has to choose between her 08 Bentley convirtable she got from Dad & Mom for her birthday or her Land Rover does anyone really think she will choose the Ford Escape Hybrid. Besides she can't drive anything without a license.

Quick Reply: Hilton Goes Green with Free Hybrid

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands