Hybrid & Related News New cars, press releases, articles and more. Reply only. Have news?

Honda to introduce hybrid scooters in Vietnam

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2005, 01:53 PM
Site Founder
Default Honda to introduce hybrid scooters in Vietnam

Japan's Honda company has chosen Vietnam to introduce for the first time its new scooters powered by fuel cells and gasoline-electric engines.
The 125cc Honda Fuel Cell Scooter and the 50cc Honda Hybrid Scooter are expected to make their first public appearances in Hanoi on Feb. 28 and Ho Chi Minh City on March 5.
These two new vehicles will help ease air pollution. In particular, the hybrid two-wheeler with a 50cc engine emits 37 percent less carbon dioxide than a gasoline-powered Dio and is 1.6 times more fuel efficient, according to Honda.

Old 03-01-2005, 07:06 AM
hyperactive enthusiast

these are pretty neat looking. it would be really fun to get around town in a hybrid scooter.
but then, most of my scooting around town involves picking up or delivering kids, sometimes with a french horn, and bags of groceries - which gets us back to why motorcycles aren't more popular in general. not to mention weather (it's 26deg out and snowing here in NY)
The major problem with motorcycles (which the motor vehicle department considers these) is that they're too dangerous to drive; mostly because other drivers simply DO NOT SEE YOU. I had a 650cc for 15 years - I sold it after we had our first kid. I'd been literally run off the road 4 times by drivers who didn't even know I was there. A week after I sold mine, my brother in ca. got into an accident that almost killed him. his leg is 2" shorter now- he almost lost it, but they managed to put it back together.
still.... it sure would be a fun summer toy.

Old 03-02-2005, 02:03 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I wonder if they are still 2-cycle?