Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

De-lurking!

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2005, 09:12 AM
Enthusiast
Default De-lurking!

Hi! I found this site just after we bought our Prius and I've been reading since then and finally decided to start posting. I'm Angela, age 25, and have had my Prius for about three months. My husband and I were looking for a new car to replace our Protege and decided on the Prius for FE and environmental reasons, and also because it is very comfortable and roomy, which is important because we also have a 2 year old which means that we have to cart around a big carseat and a stroller. We also drive home to Texas at least once a year, so comfort is a big deal for that trip!
At first I was getting around 40-42 MPG but recently have been getting around 50. My husband doesn't get to drive it often, because he always drops the MPG! I need to teach him to drive it better, I guess. While we bought it for the reasons listed above, I have to admit that I like getting out of it in a parking lot and thinking "Man, I have the coolest car here."
Anyway, I'm usually pretty busy with school, but now that I've given a proper introduction I feel like I can post, so I'll start doing that more often. Hi!

Old 09-25-2005, 12:03 PM
Happy Hybrid Owner
Default Re: De-lurking!

Welcome! Nice to have another "girl" who knows (or at least is interested in learning) how to drive. We're outnumbered here by the geeky guys (nothing personal,guys ), but they're mostly pretty nice.

Old 09-25-2005, 04:03 PM
Happy Owner

Welcome Angela,

I'm the wife of a hybrid driving tag-team and I too get the better mileage vs hubby. We have a FEH, but talked his brother into a Prius so we know you've got a good car.

J of

Old 09-25-2005, 04:14 PM
G.H. Contributor
Smile Re: De-lurking!

Originally Posted by angela
Hi! I found this site just after we bought our Prius and I've been reading since then and finally decided to start posting. I'm Angela, age 25, and have had my Prius for about three months. My husband and I were looking for a new car to replace our Protege and decided on the Prius for FE and environmental reasons, and also because it is very comfortable and roomy, which is important because we also have a 2 year old which means that we have to cart around a big carseat and a stroller. We also drive home to Texas at least once a year, so comfort is a big deal for that trip!
At first I was getting around 40-42 MPG but recently have been getting around 50. My husband doesn't get to drive it often, because he always drops the MPG! I need to teach him to drive it better, I guess. While we bought it for the reasons listed above, I have to admit that I like getting out of it in a parking lot and thinking "Man, I have the coolest car here."
Anyway, I'm usually pretty busy with school, but now that I've given a proper introduction I feel like I can post, so I'll start doing that more often. Hi!
Hi angela glad to have you aboard and it sounds like the Prius is meeting your expectations and you (you-and-husband) are enjoying it.

Terry

Old 09-25-2005, 08:38 PM
Contributor ($)

angela,
Glad to have you "offically" here on GreenHybrid. I'm sure you'll find the Prius has plenty of room for carseats, strollers, and all the other baby equipment you'll need to haul!
Enjoy your Prius.

Old 09-25-2005, 09:23 PM
Proudest Monkey

Awright! More ladies! Gigity gigity gigity

/ Lame Quagmire impression

//How exactly DO you spell 'gigity' anyway?

/// Welcome! Everyone here is very nice and can contribute lots of info about your Prius. Be sure to post regularly to keep us up to date.

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands