Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

Escapism

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2005, 07:18 AM
Enthusiast
Default Escapism

Yes, we have finally "escaped" from the bonds of the low milage/high emissions cycle we were in with our family cars, at my wife's insistance.

We recently purchased an 05 Escape which my wife drives on a daily basis. Since we do a lot of camping, I am looking for a hitch set up so that I can mount a bike rack and do some "light" occasional towing. Also looking for a roof-top cargo carrier that actually looks good on the vehicle. Any suggestions?

Old 05-20-2005, 08:03 AM
Site Founder
Default Re: Escapism

Can't help with the carrier, but welcome to GreenHybrid!

Old 05-20-2005, 09:22 AM
Contributor ($)

Welcome! Thanks for the "official" intro. I cannot help with the carrier either, but you may want to start a separate thread in the Escape section of the website.

Last edited by ericbecky; 05-20-2005 at 03:10 PM.
Old 05-20-2005, 12:04 PM
Active Enthusiast

Welcome!

The Ford hitch for the '05 non-hybrid Escape fits the FEH, If you plan on towing a trailer you will also need a light kit because the FEH is not equiped with one. The cargo carrier as well as roof top bike racks ect. is avalable from Ford (check out the accessories section of their website). Other manufactures have Hitches avalable as well (and are cheeper). If you search the Escape discuss area for "Hitch" you will find several threads.

Old 05-21-2005, 05:30 AM
Happy Owner

Originally Posted by jamuligan
Yes, we have finally "escaped" from the bonds of the low milage/high emissions cycle we were in with our family cars, at my wife's insistance.

We recently purchased an 05 Escape which my wife drives on a daily basis. Since we do a lot of camping, I am looking for a hitch set up so that I can mount a bike rack and do some "light" occasional towing. Also looking for a roof-top cargo carrier that actually looks good on the vehicle. Any suggestions?
I've put some pics in the shared folder of our FEH with "toys". We do not plan to tow so did not get a light kit. Good luck with your FEH and have fun using your SUV for what it was meant for.

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands