Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

Getting my new '06 HCH this weekend!

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2006, 02:20 PM
Enthusiast
Default Getting my new '06 HCH this weekend!

Hi, all...I'm new to the forums, and have found some great info here. I'm driving from Ladera Ranch, CA up to Bishop, CA this weekend to get my Silver/blue HCH this weekend. It's about 300 miles, quite a little trip. I did several weeks of shopping in the Orange, LA, and Riverside counties for an '06, and didn't have any luck finding one. They're all on backorder with waiting lists. So, with no bargaining power, no dealer is selling them for less than MSRP...with some as much as 4K over!

Here's the deal I got:

$23,400 for Silver/blue w/Navi
$8.75 CA tire tax
$45.00 doc fee
$1,816 Orange County sales tax
$825 6 year/120,000 mile extended warranty

So, around $26,298 out the door. I wanted them to install foglights, but they wouldn't come down to $400 including labor. They originally wanted around $1500 for the Extended Warranty, but I gave them the quote from a hondacare site that listed it for $825. I told them if they could match it, then I'd buy it through them.

I was able to talk them up to $12,500 trade-in for my 2002 Jeep Wrangler Sport. A little better than blue book, and right on par with the Edmunds value. So, my wife and I are driving the Jeep up Friday night, and driving the hybrid back on Sunday. I can't wait to plot in my home address and play with the Navi!

Old 03-01-2006, 02:48 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Getting my new '06 HCH this weekend!

Congradulations, bet you can hardly wait!
I have the Pearl which I think is likely the same as yours.

Absolutely stunning color which hides any dirt extremely well.
Not only that, it appears silver in the sunlight but at night under those Arc or Murcury parking lot lamps it's distinguished powder blue with microscopular highlights if looked at closely.

Welcome to the community and we hope to hear how it all goes !

Old 03-01-2006, 05:52 PM
G.H. Contributor
Thumbs up Re: Getting my new '06 HCH this weekend!

Congrats on your New HCH II.

I think you will really enjoy it.

Terry

Old 03-01-2006, 05:56 PM
Active Enthusiast

Congrats on the HCH II and welcome to the forum! Please be sure to post your impressions.

Old 03-01-2006, 06:49 PM
Enthusiast

You only 37.3 mpg? I was surprised to see that in your sig, Renato.

Old 03-03-2006, 08:01 PM
Active Enthusiast

Good luck with your new vehicle. That is a good price with the navi. I am paying $22,400 without it. Yours must have come in on the same ship as hopefully mine is. I am in Arizona so it will be towards the end of the week.

I could not find any on the lots here, but surprisingly a lot of them which are being delivered have not been sold yet.

For any of you who want extended warranties, check out collegehillshonda.com first. They are a Honda dealer I stumbled across on the internet and have great prices on accessories and warranties.

Old 03-04-2006, 08:14 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Welcome aboard. Silver seems to be a very popular color!

There are some that are paying below MSRP but I am not sure how. Here in Phoenix they are hard to come buy even with a wait and there aren't many dealers in the city.

Sundevil: Who did you buy your car from? I worked with PJ from Right Honda (he's a great guy to work with).

Old 03-04-2006, 08:30 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AZMerf
Sundevil: Who did you buy your car from? I worked with PJ from Right Honda (he's a great guy to work with).
I ordered mine from Rick, also at Right Honda. Bought a CRV from him over a year ago from him.