Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

Hi everyone

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2006, 11:47 AM
Enthusiast
Default Hi everyone

Hi everyone! I'm a newbie on this forum.

Old 05-18-2006, 02:04 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Hi everyone

Welcome to the board. Do you plan to buy hybrid cars/SUV? Which one are you going to get? If you want one, you will be waiting for a while. Most of the time, they require you to put down a deposit to reserve a car. It may take up to a year to get it.

Old 05-18-2006, 02:11 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TMCHAN
Welcome to the board. Do you plan to buy hybrid cars/SUV? Which one are you going to get? If you want one, you will be waiting for a while. Most of the time, they require you to put down a deposit to reserve a car. It may take up to a year to get it.
True for the Prius, but I picked my FEH off the lot. Granted, it was pure luck and I had to be willing to get a slightly more loaded ($$) vehicle than we'd originally planned, but in the end it was exactly the right choice. I had to look for several weeks online though to even find dealerships locally that had a FEH in stock with the basics I was wanting (FWD, not 4x4; leather, not cloth; NAV radio).

I haven't checked with her lately, but a former co-worker of mine was quoted a 3 month wait to get her Toyota Prius locally (San Antonio, TX). I suspect that 3 months became 6 or so since I haven't seen photos and an initial "I love my Prius" email from her yet.

Old 05-18-2006, 02:23 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GeekGal
True for the Prius, but I picked my FEH off the lot. Granted, it was pure luck and I had to be willing to get a slightly more loaded ($$) vehicle than we'd originally planned, but in the end it was exactly the right choice. I had to look for several weeks online though to even find dealerships locally that had a FEH in stock with the basics I was wanting (FWD, not 4x4; leather, not cloth; NAV radio).

I haven't checked with her lately, but a former co-worker of mine was quoted a 3 month wait to get her Toyota Prius locally (San Antonio, TX). I suspect that 3 months became 6 or so since I haven't seen photos and an initial "I love my Prius" email from her yet.

Shannon,

Someone from Cavender called me that I would be getting my Prius real soon. It was new year eve. I called them back and they didn't know anything about it. They redirect me to sales manager. I was on top 5 on the waiting list. After two months, he told me I was one on the list. They didn't have my car (blue car with nav option). Toyota doesn't make any blue with navigation.He finally told me I had to change color to Green. The car finally came in last week and they didn't give me anything off of MSRP. I traded in old Toyota 02' Prius for 06' prius. Your co-worker may take up to a year. It depends on the option she chose. It may take longer if he/she choose navigation.

Old 05-18-2006, 02:40 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TMCHAN
Shannon,

Someone from Cavender called me that I would be getting my Prius real soon. It was new year eve. I called them back and they didn't know anything about it. They redirect me to sales manager. I was on top 5 on the waiting list. After two months, he told me I was one on the list. They didn't have my car (blue car with nav option). Toyota doesn't make any blue with navigation.He finally told me I had to change color to Green. The car finally came in last week and they didn't give me anything off of MSRP. I traded in old Toyota 02' Prius for 06' prius. Your co-worker may take up to a year. It depends on the option she chose. It may take longer if he/she choose navigation.
Ugh. I'll have to keep that in mind. My husband loves the Ford Escape Hybrid and vacillates between wanting his next vehicle to be a FEH or a Prius. I mentioned that Prius' are harder to obtain, especially here (vs. D.C. or SoCal, etc.), but didn't realize it was that long and that poorly coordinated. Incidentally, I bought my '92 Toyota Corolla from Cavender Toyota in San Antonio and still took it to them for some service even up 'til a couple years ago. It hasn't needed anything other than oil changes and tire rotations and such since then (which I do at cheaper local shops), but have always had relatively good experiences w/them. Obviously haven't had to deal with ordering a high demand/low volume vehicle like the Prius, or any new vehicle for that matter, from them.

Congrats on the arriving/impending arrival of your Prius!

Old 05-19-2006, 01:02 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GeekGal
Ugh. I'll have to keep that in mind. My husband loves the Ford Escape Hybrid and vacillates between wanting his next vehicle to be a FEH or a Prius. I mentioned that Prius' are harder to obtain, especially here (vs. D.C. or SoCal, etc.), but didn't realize it was that long and that poorly coordinated. Incidentally, I bought my '92 Toyota Corolla from Cavender Toyota in San Antonio and still took it to them for some service even up 'til a couple years ago. It hasn't needed anything other than oil changes and tire rotations and such since then (which I do at cheaper local shops), but have always had relatively good experiences w/them. Obviously haven't had to deal with ordering a high demand/low volume vehicle like the Prius, or any new vehicle for that matter, from them.

Congrats on the arriving/impending arrival of your Prius!
Shannon,

Thankyou. By the way, I post review about Ford Escape Hybrid from Road and Track on the Media section. You may find it interesting.I put down $500 deposit for fully loaded Toyota Prius last June. I orignially picked Seaside Pearl and they didn't have it with navigation. I waited for the car almost six months. I had to change color to match my option. Last week, I picked my car last week. The color of my car is light green and it has the same color on the brochure. They told me you will be waiting longer if you pick the car with navigation and more option. You pick less option and your waiting time won't be as long. Last time I heard they had 112 people waiting on the list. I don't like Red McComb because they gave me no service. I went over there few times and they just ignored me.

Last edited by TMCHAN; 05-19-2006 at 01:10 AM.