Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

Hi, newbie here!

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2006, 04:04 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Hi, newbie here!

since the HAH is governer limited to 131, I hope so...

Old 04-11-2006, 10:51 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nimbus2k
The only two real downsides I've seen is that the all-electronic steering in the Honda has about as much "road feel" as a video game, and the Accord has a much higher center of gravity than the BMW. This causes for more of a sense of "leaning" in curves, but it also means I can step out of the car and not look left and right and see my kneecaps by my head as I stand up......I'm afraid I'm a bit of a hypermiler scofflaw. I drive it like a "regular" car and still spend half the money I did, feeding the BMW.
To be quite honest, I'm not a big fan of front wheel drive cars in general. I think this may be part of what you're feeling in the steering compared to the BMW. And here in winter snow country, I would love to have this same car in AWD. But if you want a truly numb feeling car, you should drive our QX4 Infiniti (fancy Pathfinder). I might as well have two casts on my hands when driving! I could run over an anvil on the road and never know it. But we have to have something to pull the pop-up camper, and our '89 Trooper just wasn't doing it any more without overheating. But I think that Honda is pretty much on track with the Accord for what our needs are in an environmentally-friendly sports sedan.

Old 04-12-2006, 11:45 AM
Happy Hybrid Owner

Originally Posted by Durango Dave
... She's a little irritated with me until my daughter chimes in and says "Well mom, you got what you wanted, and dad got what he wanted, so what's wrong with that?". After dinner I told my daughter to remind me to raise her allowance.

Anyway, just wanted to say hello and introduce myself.
Great story ! Welcome to the GH Forum !

I am also migrating (returning) from BMW to a Honda Hybrid... you won't regret it !