Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

I bought a second Prius in MD

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2006, 09:10 PM
Enthusiast
Default I bought a second Prius in MD

My first "green" (actually "aqua-ice") machine is a 2001 Prius.
When not in my garage, this car accumulated 63,000 easy-going, predominantly highway miles. All appropriate service has been performed exclusively at Toyota dealerships at factory-recommended intervals. I bought it used in 2003 with about 48,000 miles on the odometer. The original owners had taken very good care of the vehicle, also at their Toyota dealer. I kept meticulous track of gasoline mileage, accumulating an average of 45.01 miles-per-gallon. If I can find out how to upload pictures (I'm new to this site,) you will see that the pictured graphs clearly illustrate the seasonal ups and downs experienced (over 3 summers and 2½ winters).
I have yet to crack 10,000 miles with my new 2006 Prius, but my accumulated mileage now stands at 47.31 after 7000 miles.
I am expecting to realize a very good resale value from my first machine, if I can actually bring myself to sell it.

Old 05-09-2006, 11:52 PM
Engineering first
Thumbs up Re: I bought a second Prius in MD

Originally Posted by PTIvancie
My first "green" (actually "aqua-ice") machine is a 2001 Prius.
When not in my garage, this car accumulated 63,000 easy-going, predominantly highway miles. All appropriate service has been performed exclusively at Toyota dealerships at factory-recommended intervals. I bought it used in 2003 with about 48,000 miles on the odometer. The original owners had taken very good care of the vehicle, also at their Toyota dealer. I kept meticulous track of gasoline mileage, accumulating an average of 45.01 miles-per-gallon. If I can find out how to upload pictures (I'm new to this site,) you will see that the pictured graphs clearly illustrate the seasonal ups and downs experienced (over 3 summers and 2½ winters).
I have yet to crack 10,000 miles with my new 2006 Prius, but my accumulated mileage now stands at 47.31 after 7000 miles.
I am expecting to realize a very good resale value from my first machine, if I can actually bring myself to sell it.
Welcome!

When you get a chance, take a look at the FAQ and lets chat about it. I'd be interested if you find any of the techniques useful. There is a Prius Forum.

Bob Wilson

Old 05-12-2006, 07:50 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: I bought a second Prius in MD

Welcome and congratulations on your 2nd Prius, I am on my 2nd HCH.

Old 05-13-2006, 06:58 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Welcome aboard. We had a 2005 HCH and now added a 2006 HCH in January. We are taking it on it's first road trip (other than taking down to Tucson occasionally) to Palm Springs in June. Looking forward to the trip.

Old 05-17-2006, 12:08 AM
Active Enthusiast

My brother bought his 2006 Honda Civic Hybrid and he never owned any Hybrid cars before. He previously owned 92' Acura Intergra GS-R. He orginally wanted a Honda Civic Si and he decided not to get one because the gas price is too high and someone is ripped off parts from his car.