Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

I'm here...

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2005, 12:43 PM
Enthusiast
Default I'm here...

I just wanted to take the time to introduce myself. I actually do not currently own a hybrid car, but I've been seriously considering it the past few months. So basically I'm going to hang around to read up on the information on the hybrids!

Old 06-05-2005, 12:49 PM
Default Re: I'm here...

Thats a very good idea. At least if you make the purchase you will have realistic expectations of what they can and can't do.

Old 06-05-2005, 07:20 PM
Contributor ($)

Amos,
Welcome to GreenHybrid! Asking questions never hurts. The Search box is your friend. but even if it's been asked before, were happy to cover it again or point you in the right direction.

Old 06-05-2005, 07:24 PM
G.H. Contributor
Arrow Re: I'm here...

Originally Posted by Amos
I just wanted to take the time to introduce myself. I actually do not currently own a hybrid car, but I've been seriously considering it the past few months. So basically I'm going to hang around to read up on the information on the hybrids!
Amos, Hi there and read all you can before making that purchasing decision. I (Do-Not) at the present time own a Hybrid vehicle either.

I'm reading all I can and hope to make the right call when the time comes. The one thing to keep in mind is I think to just be-ware that if you purchase some of the hybrids that are available you better be prepared to hang onto it because alot of them have (Very-Lousy-Trade-In-Values).

I can remember not to many yrs. ago when my local Honda dealer had two Honda Insights and couldn't give them away. They just sat there for along time and "N0-Offers" were made.

Times have changed, with gas prices going higher and higher but there are I think 5-Dealers (Honda) here and not one of them has a Honda Insight in stock for sell and further more none of them even have a brochure on the Insight.

Meaning they are all gun shy and have already been burnt in the past and now the only way you can get to drive one is to have the dealer place a (SOLD-ORDER) and wait two months for it to arrive at the dealer for a test drive and then you have to be a really good customer because the dealer does not want to stock the insight in his inventory.

So, like I said read and read and hopefully both of us before our purchases will get enough different opinions to make a sound judgement call on a purchase of a Hybrid.

Good-Luck:

terry

Old 06-05-2005, 09:04 PM
Enthusiast

Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

tigerhonaker - That's one thing I'm actually really interested in is the resale price. I actually think the resale price will increase once people understand the idea behind the hybrid. Most people, from what I've learnt, are actually very uneducated of the idea behind a hybrid.

Old 06-05-2005, 09:19 PM
Prof. of Hybridology

It's always wise to research before any purchase. I spent several hours online, reading guides and information before I bought my FEH. I also specifically looked for complaints and problems, and how it really performed.

One of the nice things about this place is that there's a lot of real world owners here who can answer questions, and have compiled information about it, not just what a two day test on a weekend showed, but what a year and 20,000 miles had taught them, and what problems they've had.

LOL, now I sound like I'm plugging the site.

Anyway, welcome.