Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

LOVE MY 2006 CIVIC HYBRID!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2006, 03:38 PM
Enthusiast
Default LOVE MY 2006 CIVIC HYBRID!!

I finally decided to join in the discussion rather than simply eavesdropping!! We purchased our 2006 HCH in January and I have never had so much fun driving a car!!! I was a little disappointed with our initial MPG, however the temperature in Wisconsin in January was not helpful.....with spring approaching, it is so exciting seeing our MPG rise so drastically!! A recent 150 mile trip on a 50+ degree day got us around 55 MPG driving 70 MPH. Anyway, I have learned alot from Green Hybrid and am excited to be a part of it!!!

Old 04-07-2006, 05:58 PM
Super Moderator & Contributor ($)
Default Re: LOVE MY 2006 CIVIC HYBRID!!

Welcome

Glad you are enjoying your car. I'm about to post my first tank of the year over 70mpg displayed due to warmer weather. Gotta love that heat!

Old 04-08-2006, 11:36 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Hey, Mindi!

Thanks for introducing yourself. Great choice in new cars!

Where abouts in Wisconsin - don't need to be specific, just wondering if it's northern, western, middle, southeastern, etc. My wife and I are originally from Ozaukee County.

btw, just a word of warning about the 55mpg at 70 mph. Since you picked up the car in January, you very likely have the 62 mile bug (actually, the 100 km bug). That could explain high mileage under circumstances that normally wouldn't be that high. If you don't know what the bug is, there are several recent posts under the Honda Civic portion of the Discuss forum....

At any rate, Welcome!!

Old 04-08-2006, 12:39 PM
Enthusiast

Hi Bill,
I had read a little about the 62 mile bug, I was hoping the bug had been worked out prior to my cars purchase, but I will now look into it a little more.....Thanks for the info. We live outside of Madison in south-central Wisconsin...our daily commute to Madison contributed to our decision to buy a fuel efficent vehicle, which looking at the increase in gas prices within the last several weeks, only make us love the car even more!!!

Old 04-08-2006, 04:43 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lucyloudaisymae
Hi Bill,
I had read a little about the 62 mile bug, I was hoping the bug had been worked out prior to my cars purchase, but I will now look into it a little more.....Thanks for the info. We live outside of Madison in south-central Wisconsin...our daily commute to Madison contributed to our decision to buy a fuel efficent vehicle, which looking at the increase in gas prices within the last several weeks, only make us love the car even more!!!
Well, good luck with it. If you call your dealer, you should be able to find out pretty quickly if you need the upgrade or not. Look at Alster's post in the Civic forum for the info.

Also, I noticed in the "events and gatherings" forum that there's a hybrid gathering in Madison on July 22, if you are interested.