Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

My hello thread...

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2005, 03:44 PM
Enthusiast
Default My hello thread...

Hi everyone! New here, and new to hybrids. A little background...

My wife and I are definately environment friendly - "green" as they say lol. We are vegetarians, etc. also, and have a 2 yr old son.

We bought a honda crv (it's a LEV vehicle) feb. 2004. We needed the room for our son and his huge stroller, etc. but now that he's a bit older, we're going to try and make the move to a hybrid.

The HCH looks the nicest to us, with the features we want/like. Plus, we think we'll do better trading a HONDA in for a HONDA.

The dealerships here in Phoenix, AZ are taking $500 deposits to get one of the first '06 HCH that come in, and we're getting on that list tomorrow or this weekend maybe. We can't wait to get it!

Does anyone have any links to reviews of its stereo? That's about the only thing I've not been able to find info about...sound quality, etc.

Old 10-05-2005, 04:17 PM
Super Moderator & Contributor ($)
Default Re: My hello thread...

Hi myndreach welcome to GH!

I've got a 05 HCH myself, I bet you can't wait to get yours.

PS I moved this to the Into section, it seemed like a better place for it.

Old 10-05-2005, 04:49 PM

So far all the honda hybrids stereos have been very poor.

Get the updated radio if one is offered or expect to get an aftermarket.

Old 10-05-2005, 04:53 PM
Contributor ($)

myndreach,
Welcome to GH. I hope you are able to get the HCH. Do you plan to take delivery this year or next?

Old 10-05-2005, 06:38 PM
G.H. Contributor
Post Re: My hello thread...

Welcome to (GreenHybrid) and let me see if I can shed some light on the stereo system question. I take it that you already know that the 06 HCH now comes X/M ready, also in looking at the accessories brochure for 06 Civic sedans it mentions a (Bass-Speaker-System) as a option thats dealer installed. It does not say that it is for the HCH but nor does it say that it is not. So I would think if you add X/M and the Bass Speaker System to the factory unit it would sound just fine. I went over to the Honda web to check and see if Honda had it up yet for the 06 HCH and it is not so I could not look up the accessories for the 06 HCH. The HCH was released for sale today Oct. 5, 2005 officially but their web site still just shows the 2005 Civic Hybrid.I have not read any mag. article that made mention of the sound system in the HCH at all. So I guess it is going to be a wait and see situation for someone on this Forum to take delivery and then let all of us know what they think of it's performance and sound quality.

I have a 06 HCH on order. Should be in somewhere around the 1st of Nov.

HTH

Terry

Old 10-05-2005, 09:31 PM
Enthusiast

All I could find is that my current honda crv ex has 120 watts, and the HCH will have 160. I know watts does not = sound quality, obviously - but it is encouraging. Plus with the big increase in stereo power over last year's model, it could indicate Honda is trying to ensure it has a passable stereo.

Old 10-06-2005, 05:46 AM
my other car is a FJORD

Originally Posted by myndreach
Hi everyone! New here, and new to hybrids. A little background...

My wife and I are definately environment friendly - "green" as they say lol. We are vegetarians, etc. also, and have a 2 yr old son.

We bought a honda crv (it's a LEV vehicle) feb. 2004. We needed the room for our son and his huge stroller, etc. but now that he's a bit older, we're going to try and make the move to a hybrid.

The HCH looks the nicest to us, with the features we want/like. Plus, we think we'll do better trading a HONDA in for a HONDA.

The dealerships here in Phoenix, AZ are taking $500 deposits to get one of the first '06 HCH that come in, and we're getting on that list tomorrow or this weekend maybe. We can't wait to get it!

Does anyone have any links to reviews of its stereo? That's about the only thing I've not been able to find info about...sound quality, etc.

i can't give you any reviews of the stereo, but just a welcome note. i did the very same thing you did. i bought a CRV last year, 2004 model. i really like it, except for the mileage. and with a small tank, it seemed like i was filling it up all the time. i traded it a few weeks ago on my HCH, which i got from the same dealer. i got a very good trade value on it, and now i love my new car. getting the higher mileage can take a change in your driving, but hang around here and everyone has lots of tips.