Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

New '05 HCH owner as of yesterday!

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2005, 06:38 AM
Enthusiast
Default New '05 HCH owner as of yesterday!

I just picked up a '05 HCH in Silver Blue Opal or whatever yesterday and am enjoying every minute while driving it. I used to be a horsepower guy, but got sick of stopping at the gas station twice a week. The ride is very smooth, and quiet, and relaxing. The only problem, and it couldn't be more minor, is that while reading the owners manual, I think there is supposed to be a little cap over the shift lock, is that right? It is just a hole, and nothing covering it. The owners manual gave directions how to remove the cap. Anyhow, can't wait to break the car in and start getting my lifetime MPG up!

tcoop25

Old 07-28-2005, 08:07 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: New '05 HCH owner as of yesterday!

by the way, your addicted. and me too. I have been driving my 05 hch since february. My parents could not believe when I said "its a speed limit, not a speed must do". This just 4 years after taking a 92 eagle talon turbo awd 130mph into a ditch and over some trees. My wife understands, but still cant believe that I wont allow her to drive "my" car because of her poor FE. Get ready to have some fun.

Old 07-28-2005, 09:05 AM
Contributor ($)

tscoop25,
Congrats on the new wheels. It's hard to believe that a car can have such a positive change on driving habits, eh?

Sorry I can't help you with the "cap" question. Hopefully a Civic owner will chime it.

Welcome to GH!

Old 07-28-2005, 01:14 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Welcome Tcoop25 !

Yes, I remember also reading about removing that shift lock cap looking at my console and I remember seeing a cap there, but that was a very long time ago.

But definetly not an open hole.

Please keep us informed of your progress!

Old 07-28-2005, 01:30 PM

Yeah. Its supposed to have a cover. Go to the dealer and tell them it is missing. I'm sure they will "find" you one.

Old 07-28-2005, 01:52 PM
Tim
Enchanter, Enthusiast

Welcome! Glad you enjoy the car. I gave up an Infiniti G20 for my Civic. While not a race car, it was nice. However I don't miss it - the Civic has been a fanstic car, no buyers remorse what so ever. Filling up once every two weeks is nice too.

Originally Posted by wwjdrv
...My wife understands, but still cant believe that I wont allow her to drive "my" car because of her poor FE.
This could be a whole thread by itself. Just this week:

Meter: 53.1
Wife drives 20 miles
Meter: 40.1

I swear she's lets the air out of the tires and goes street racing with the AC on and no ECON button. At my worst I couldn't drop it to 40.1 over a tank, let alone do that kind of damage in 20 miles.

Old 07-28-2005, 03:18 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tim
...This could be a whole thread by itself. Just this week:

Meter: 53.1
Wife drives 20 miles
Meter: 40.1

I swear she's lets the air out of the tires and goes street racing with the AC on and no ECON button. At my worst I couldn't drop it to 40.1 over a tank, let alone do that kind of damage in 20 miles.
Maybe thats how she does it!!

Old 07-28-2005, 04:42 PM

Tim, your alias and avatar are great.

Old 07-29-2005, 02:20 PM
Tim
Enchanter, Enthusiast

Hot_Georgia,

Thanks!! It's one of my all-time favorite movies. Was wondering if anyone was going to get it....

Old 07-29-2005, 02:57 PM

I would imagine that "Some" call you Tim and do you really summon fire without flint or tinder?

Quick Reply: New '05 HCH owner as of yesterday!

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands