Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

New Civic Hybrid in NH Seacoast

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2004, 06:42 PM
Enthusiast

Hello Everybody -

I have friends with 2(!) Priuses. They liked a 2003 so much they bought a 2004 too! One license plate is "45+" other is "55+" How cool is that?

My wife and I wanted to jump on the Prius bandwagon, and knew the wait was a while, but the local Toyota dealer ( where we bought our 1999 Camry ) said 2 year wait, but backed off to 18 months when he realized we wouldn't settle for a Corolla (duh!).

When I went looking for other cars that I WOULD settle for, like a 03 Jetta 1.8T, or a 03 Altima 2.5, the Nissan/Honda salesman asked "Why aren't you looking at a Civic Hybrid?" - I said I didn't want an Insight - I didn't even know the HCH existed! I took a test drive and was hooked! The Prius is like a space ship - but the HCH is the car of the future. Very cool application of technology to make a good car so much better. I have a 55 mile commute each way, and most of it is highway, except the last or first 10 miles is sometimes a parking lot. I think the HCH may be better suited to my commute than the Prius anyway.

Well, 2 weeks later I'm the proud owner of a Magnesium 2004 CVT. A 2005 came in the same day I was dealing, so they sold me the 2004 ( one of 3 on the lot ) at a discount. The 2005 was the new dark blue, nice, but the money convinced me.

I work on a military base, and I didn't have all the paperwork to get registered there, so my wife took the car to Concord today. She called when she got home and said she couldn't believe how much fun it was - she raised my mileage

Perry

Old 09-20-2004, 07:00 PM
Site Founder

Welcome, Perry. Glad to have you here. I look forward to getting to know you in the community!

Old 09-21-2004, 09:16 AM
Contributor ($)

Congrats, Perry!
I especially like the cool colors on the HCH instrument cluster. I'm glad you have found a hybrid that suits you. It's nice that your spouse is "on the same page" when it comes to raising the mileage. I wonder who will be the more efficient driver? Let the competition begin!