Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

New to Greenhybrid

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2006, 01:21 PM
Enthusiast
Default New to Greenhybrid

Hi there,

I'm new to the forum. Got a little slap on the wrist for not introducing myself before my first post. I'm so naughty. Are we supposed to each start a new thread? It seems like everyone else has. I'm not a big forumite, so don't know all the rules and things too well.

I live in Chicago and drive mostly in the city with short commutes to school and work...which keeps my mileage lower than I would like.

I must admit that I don't write down all my miles per fill up - I'm not **** enough. I wish I was! When I first got my HCH (fall '03 with my girlfriend) I did but soon lost my motivation. Just like I also don't write down all my expenses in my checkbook. I'm lazy!!

- 2003 HCH Opal Silver Blue Metallic
- 29k miles
- most of the year get around 45mpg but lately in the cold only about 39 mpg
- my girlfriend gets better mpg than me but she hates to drive

Happy to have found this forum!

Old 01-05-2006, 01:37 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: New to Greenhybrid

Originally Posted by bluehybrid
I'm new to the forum. Got a little slap on the wrist for not introducing myself before my first post.
I was just teasin' ya. No big deal.

Welcome to the forum! I'm sure you'll find this forum to be quite an excuse not to do schoolwork. As I'm doing now. I have a bunch of stuff to read. But here I am!

What are you in school for?

Old 01-05-2006, 01:38 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Oh, and the best part of driving a Honda: you CAN be lazy! Just keep putting gas in it and it goes!

Old 01-05-2006, 08:24 PM
G.H. Contributor
Thumbs up Re: New to Greenhybrid

Hi and Welcome to GreenHybrid. Glad to have you. If you don't already know this by now, there are alot of Members from Chicago that are members here on GreenHybrid.

Regards;

Terry

Old 01-05-2006, 08:34 PM

Yup. Infact there is talk about getting together for a sunday brunch one of these days. So far interest has been low though. Hopefuly interest will increase when it gets warmer.

Old 01-05-2006, 08:59 PM
G.H. Contributor
Thumbs up Re: New to Greenhybrid

Originally Posted by tbaleno
Yup. Infact there is talk about getting together for a sunday brunch one of these days. So far interest has been low though. Hopefuly interest will increase when it gets warmer.
Wish I lived closer to the Chicago Area and I would be there for sure. I might even Foot-The-Bill

Regards;

Terry

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 01-06-2006 at 03:32 PM.
Old 01-06-2006, 08:36 AM
Enthusiast

Thanks for the welcomes all. I need to get better at finding stuff on this forum and find the Chicago chat area (assuming there is one). Sunday brunch sounds interesting. I'm always available for food.

I knew you were teasing bar10dah. I go to UIC and am in the Environmental and Occupational Health & Safety program getting a masters. Should, hopefully, be done next year. I am a wonderful procrastinator though...so it could take longer to finish my thesis. What are you studying?

Old 01-06-2006, 10:12 AM
Contributor ($)

bluehybrid,
Welcome aboard! There isn't an official Chicago chat area. There was a recent thread about Chicago owners getting together although I don't think anything is decided yet.

And, as I mention to other new Miwest People, don't forget to hold the date for Hybridfest 2006 coming up June 22nd in Madison. All the details aren't announced quite yet but you won't want to miss it!

And if you ever need to take a longer commute to increase you mpg, feel free to come to any of the Madison Hybrid Group meetings. The next one is Saturday, January 28th.

Last edited by ericbecky; 01-06-2006 at 10:18 AM.
Old 01-06-2006, 11:17 AM
Enthusiast

Thanks for the invite. I don't know about a trip to Madison anytime soon. I have taken 2 trips in the past to Toronto and my mpg was amazing! Aaahhh the memories.

Old 01-06-2006, 03:28 PM
Contributor ($)

Better to save those mpg runs for the warmer weather!