Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

TCH and loving it

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2006, 05:33 PM
Enthusiast
Default TCH and loving it

Hi,,,,,, around 7/15/06 my wife and I (mostly me) decided it was time to get serious about saving the environment, making a political statement, and move to Oregon. Not really,,, just trying to get a jump on the never ending rise in the price of gas. We live smack dab in the middle of Nevada, when we reach the hiway, turn left, 250 mi. to Reno,, turn right, 250 mi. to Vegas, and not much in between. I'd never even considered a Hybrid, we were looking at a midsize sedan, Accord, Camry, Altima, with a 4cyl and stick. On our way to Reno we stopped in Fallon Nv. to look at the Camry, they just happened to get in a Camry Hybrid, we looked at it but didn't think we'd like the preconceived idea of owning a whizzer, bubble blowing, 55mph going Hybrid. We were going to trade in our new 06 Mustang GT, previously I'd traded in my 03 Nissan 350Z, so you see I enjoyed POWER,,,, Hybrids were nothing more than a chicane or speed bump in which to blow by. After driving a Camry 4 cyl we weren't especially impressed, so my wife said to try the Hybrid, besides it was the color we both agreed on, silver, it was love at first drive, it had power (not a GT or Z), comfort, Style and supposed fuel mileage. Fuel mileage has been very good, not great, but about expected (35-40mpg's). We'd probably get better but driving in central Nv. means getting to civilization asap, traveling at around 75 to 85 mph ++. Anyways I'm sure I'll enjoy browsing this site and meeting some or all. Mike A.

Old 08-28-2006, 04:28 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: TCH and loving it

Hey Mike. Welcome to the club. You made a great choice. I just have to disagree on one point. 35 - 40 mpg is great mileage at 75 - 80 mph speeds.