Journalism & The Media Television, radio, movies, newspapers, magazines, the Internet and more.

CNW Market Research pWn3d by Toyota

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2006, 12:47 PM
YA RLY.
Default CNW Market Research pWn3d by Toyota

http://www.autobloggreen.com/2006/10...eener-a-prius/

Old 10-06-2006, 05:55 AM
Engineering first
Talking Re: CNW Market Research pWn3d by Toyota

I like your source better than mine:
". . .
  • Example 1: These studies conclude that the majority (80-85%) of the total lifetime energy use of a vehicle comes from the driving stage, with the remainder coming from the remaining stages of a vehicle life, whereas the CNW study shows these percentages to be reversed.
  • Example 2: Two Toyota models mentioned in the report, the Scion xA and xB sold only in the USA, are engineered with the same processes, built on the same assembly line, transported and shipped together, distributed through the same dealer network, have the same engines and transmissions, are about the same weight (within 50 lbs.), and have very similar fuel consumption ratings (one just over 35 mpg combined, the other just below 35), yet the CNW study shows the lifetime energy use of these vehicles to be very different (53 per cent).
  • Example 3: The CNW study states that hybrids require more lifetime energy than even large SUVs. Toyota's internal analysis does conclude that there is more energy required in the materials production stage for a hybrid, but that this is overwhelmingly made up for in the driving stage (the 80-85% stage), causing the hybrid to have a significantly lower lifetime energy use. . . ."
Bob Wilson

Old 10-06-2006, 06:53 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: CNW Market Research pWn3d by Toyota

Proof again that the CNW study is Hogwash, as I concluded the day I heard about it.

That Art Spinella is one shady character.