Journalism & The Media Television, radio, movies, newspapers, magazines, the Internet and more.

Effect of bill on hybrid sales...

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2005, 06:42 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Effect of bill on hybrid sales...

Today's Camden Courier-Post had an article in it's business section about the possible impact of the Energy Bill on hybrid car sales. Quotes from Holman Ford (where I got my Contour last century ), Runnemede Toyota, some experts, and a South Jersey woman on the waiting list for a Prius.
Also a sidebar listing federal & NJ state credits/deductions for hybrids. (Basically none in NJ for hybrids! )

Fred

Old 08-09-2005, 06:58 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Effect of bill on hybrid sales...

Yeh, it's a bit silly encouraging people to buy vehicles that already have waiting lists! What we need are incentives for manufacturers to BUILD MORE HYBRIDS. Doesn't do much good if everyone wants a hybrid now and there are still just as many on the lots.

Old 08-09-2005, 07:15 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Effect of bill on hybrid sales...

The hybrid tax credit takes effect for cars bought after Jan 1, 2006. My guess is that this will hurt sales late in this year. If someone planning on buying a car in Nov/Dec knows about the credit, they may postpone the purchase to save a couple thousand dollars. My hope is that in Nov. dealers may actually sell a prius or 2006 HCH a bit cheaper because of this. I'll probably need a new car by Oct/Nov.
--Walter