Journalism & The Media Television, radio, movies, newspapers, magazines, the Internet and more.

Fisker -- What ??

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2008, 03:39 PM
Engineering first
Default Fisker -- What ??

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/Fisker-Automotive-Announces-Intent-Source/story.aspx?guid={405BAF34-4C24-4B14-8BA2-B296F1FEDD70}

IRVINE, Calif., Nov 21, 2008 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ -- Fisker Automotive, Inc., a green American premium car company, today announced that General Motors has been selected to supply, through its on-highway integrator Powertrain Integration LLC, the gasoline engine that will be used in the Fisker Karma, Fisker Automotive's new Extended Range Hybrid Electric Vehicle. GM's Powertrain organization will supply the gasoline engine that generates electricity when the driver has exceeded the 50 mile electric-only range. The 2.0 direct injection, turbo-charged 4-cylinder Ecotec gasoline engine will deliver 260 horsepower. Fisker Automotive is also considering the purchase of several additional GM vehicle components to enhance the Karma.
. . .
Ok, I know Fisker is planning to release a hybrid electric vehicle and I saw their presentation at the June 23 NHTSA hearing. Within 5 minutes, I knew it was time to take a break and they were still talking when I got back. But then this "The 2.0 direct injection, turbo-charged 4-cylinder Ecotec gasoline engine will deliver 260 horsepower." does not make a lick of sense.

I'm sorry but when something sounds too good to be true, it generally is.

Bob Wilson