Journalism & The Media Television, radio, movies, newspapers, magazines, the Internet and more.

Green Hummer -- at last!

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 04:28 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Green Hummer -- at last!

Funny thing about the H3 is, it wasn't even good at what it was trying to be. I saw one not long ago in our parking lot and was amazed that it had a live rear axle with leaf springs. Shoot, even an Explorer has rear independent suspension. And I imagine someone payed dearly for that H3.

Old 06-05-2008, 05:49 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

The real reason the Hummer lost its steam is because a new Goliath showed itself: From 2004, introducing the International CXT.

"The International CXT is a truck for businesses that want to promote themselves as much as perform," said Rob Swim, director, vehicle center marketing strategy, International Truck and Engine Corporation. "While there is nothing tougher or more extreme on the market than the International CXT, it is as much a statement of success as it is performance. If you brought this truck to the playground, you'd be king of the dirt pile."
http://www.motortrend.com/features/a...nal/index.html

Old 06-06-2008, 03:12 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kengrubb
No, sorry, my bad.

I meant who might be the potential buyers of the Hummer line, if GM sold it.
My guess is that AM General would buy the name in case they ever develop another civilian product.