Journalism & The Media Television, radio, movies, newspapers, magazines, the Internet and more.

Insults for customers

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 07:26 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Insults for customers

Yikes! That makes triplicate posts!

Old 07-05-2007, 09:33 PM
Tim
Enchanter, Enthusiast
Default Re: Insults for customers

You know, I don't see it as so wrong if you choose the car to "make a statement" about you or something else. People have been making statements with their cars since they were invented. There seem to be a lot of articles recently (one in this month's Car and Driver as well) "criticizing" hybrid owners for spending thousands more on a car to do nothing more than make a statement. So, a BMW owner isn't doing the same thing? Mercedes? This is why articles like this make no sense to me. It's OK to spend thousands more on a BMW to make a statement about a passion for driving, German engineering, etc. when many cars costing thousands less offer the same or better performance, but it's not OK to spend thousands more on a hybrid for different passions (like the environment)?