Journalism & The Media Television, radio, movies, newspapers, magazines, the Internet and more.

More Global Warming Ads

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2006, 09:52 AM
Banned
Default More Global Warming Ads

The Ad Council that gave us Smokey Bear is putting a couple of ads on global warming, including this one at MSNBC Story with video link

Notes that not all scientist agree on global warming....

Newsweek article

Old 03-29-2006, 11:21 AM
Engineering first
Wink Re: More Global Warming Ads

Originally Posted by Delta Flyer
Notes that not all scientist agree on global warming....
"You will be assimilated", Seven of Nine of the Borg. There are flat earthers; wholistic medicine men; copper bracelets; and creation 'scientist' and a whole host of folks who want to believe things not supported by the empirical data. That is OK but the universe really doesn't care.

If it is real, the seas will rise. If not, they won't. Ultimately the Sun will go into helium fusion mode and the Earth will be so much incandescent gas. At least for this brief moment, I've done what I can.

Bob Wilson

Old 03-29-2006, 11:33 AM
Banned
Default Around 2055...

....I'd like to talk with the people in extreme denial about global warming. Are they just going to say it was all "Mother Nature"? Are they still going to overlook the role deforestification and fosil fuels played? I think it's reasonable to predict there will be dozens of hurricanes as bad a Katrina and worse, droughts reminicent of the 1930's Dust Bowl (already one in Africa), flooding in Venice and other costal cities, increased diseases from increased warm damp weather....