Journalism & The Media Television, radio, movies, newspapers, magazines, the Internet and more.

Too Hot Not to Handle

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2006, 06:07 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Too Hot Not to Handle

Congrats to the Prius Marathon MPG team! The HBO documentary aired last night (though I didn't catch it).

If not for this site, their effort would likely have gotten nearly so much attention...

Old 04-30-2006, 07:29 PM
Conservative Republican
Default Re: Too Hot Not to Handle

I finally saw "Too Hot Not to Handle" on HBO this morning. I was surprised how much air time the Prius Marathon Team got in the 1 hour special. If you tune in late, don't worry. The Prius Marathon part begins about 35 minutes into the show.

When they began the marathon I had not yet arrived, and they taped Dave Bassage referring to the 4 members of the team. When I arrived and they decided to let me drive in the marathon, the piece was not updated. They did, however, cover me in my HCH I. Also, I was driving the Prius during the scene with the red sunset in the background (if I recall correctly, Wayne Gerdes was in the car with me), and when they were filming the Prius on the road with Dave Bassage at the wheel, they were shooting from the passenger seat of my HCH.

Pretty cool.

Old 05-01-2006, 12:07 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Too Hot Not to Handle

Hats off to you, Bob, and the rest of the marathon team! I do not underestimate the effort that was involved. Your ~110 mpg stands as a benchmark to compare what hybrid drivetrains are capable of, in that speed and vehicle weight range. I expect that record to stand for some time.

The rest of the show was pretty interesting also.

DAS