Journalism & The Media Television, radio, movies, newspapers, magazines, the Internet and more.

What can you say about the return of mild hybrid models in 2011

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2010, 02:05 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default What can you say about the return of mild hybrid models in 2011

With the demise of Saturn, GM was left with only one model featuring its mild hybrid system, the 2009 Chevrolet Malibu Hybrid sedan, but sadly even that green vehicle was dropped from the automaker’s lineup this year. GM is planning to bring back its mild hybrid models, however, and according to the automaker’s executive director of hybrid and electric powertrain engineering, Larry Nitz, it will happen as early as next year.
see more .... mild hybrid models

Old 09-01-2010, 10:06 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: What can you say about the return of mild hybrid models in 2011

GM putting their steps in right direction as they are bringing this beauty back on the roads .....bring it on can't wait anymore...

Old 11-09-2010, 12:23 AM
Active Enthusiast

yeah, everyone is waiting for that. Love this black mild hybrid because I find it very classy and I heard the quality is also good.

Old 11-25-2010, 06:04 AM

Think of the millions of gallons of gasoline never consumed and the tons of pollution never expelled if every vehicle had an autostop function.

No more idling at red lights. That would be beautiful.

Old 11-25-2010, 07:05 PM
Active Enthusiast

There are a LOT of other car companies bringing various forms of hybrids to the market. This is a logical step since this is still very much an evolving technology AND market.

I applaud their efforts, and when gas hits $4 again, or even $5 (where I think it is headed) people will be lining up at thei dealership to get a hybrid....again.

Old 12-06-2010, 01:58 PM
Active Enthusiast

I agree, for me GM is making a good decision for bringing back mild hybrid model cars. The features of these cars are really a great help the country. Like for instance, its autostop function which lessen the gasoline consumption and pollution expelled by every car. It is also stylish and looks nice to the eyes. I suggest them to add some more models and designs.