Journalism & The Media Television, radio, movies, newspapers, magazines, the Internet and more.

The worst drivers live in ......

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2006, 08:18 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Old 06-05-2006, 10:14 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: The worst drivers live in ......

I do hope that this test recognizes variations in state laws. For example, here in CT a pedestrian who has a pedestrian signal light (Walk/Don't Walk light) DOES NOT have the right of way if he or she has a DON'T WALK light. Crossing in a crosswalk when the pedestrian light says DON'T WALK is equivalent to running a red light.

Also, having been a permitted or licensed driver in three New England states, I can tell you that each state (VT, MA, and CT) has different regulations regarding what constitutes a legal turn-around.

That being said, I have to say that I never swore until I started driving in Connecticut. I can't tell you how many times EVERY DAY I see someone turn left in front of oncoming traffic that has the right of way at a traffic light, run a red light, fail to stop at a stop sign, greatly exceed the posted speed limit, fail to use directional signals when turning or lane-changing, cross multiple lanes to exit the highway... I could go on, but I'm sure you get the idea.

I thought that it might be like this in every more populated area (it's not like that in Vermont), but then my husband and I took a trip to Lake Tahoe and we found that the drivers in Nevada were much more law-abiding, considerate and conscientious.