Journalism & The Media Television, radio, movies, newspapers, magazines, the Internet and more.

Would you consider a Ford Reflex?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2006, 11:01 AM
Ohio BIODZL Driver
Default Would you consider a Ford Reflex?

I would. It looks unique ... but then so do all the concepts.

Ford hopes its Reflex concept shows that small cars can be bold, American and innovative. Ford thinks the concept will be one of the stars of the Detroit show. Reflex features a diesel-electric hybrid system using diesel, electric and solar power. This combination of power can deliver maximum fuel economy – up to 65 mpg, says Ford – without compromising performance.

The concept features an electric motor on the rear axle in addition to the hybrid system on the front axle. The rear motor provides all-wheel-drive capability.

Read more...

Old 01-06-2006, 11:38 AM
Banned
Default Re: Would you consider a Ford Reflex?

Now THIS appeals to me!

I need to read more on this.

I've been considering starting a thread on the ultimate hypermiling vehicle. About the only thing I could add would be that BMW auxuilary steam engine that recovers the heat from the ICE...

Old 01-06-2006, 11:44 AM
Active Enthusiast

Interesting ideas. I'm sure the solar thing is just PR but this is the type of hybrid I want. Sleek but efficient that would be cool. Forget the fast thing its over :-)

Old 01-06-2006, 11:47 AM
YA RLY.

The doors are a little too FNF for me, but overall the car gets a

Originally Posted by Delta Flyer
've been considering starting a thread on the ultimate hypermiling vehicle. About the only thing I could add would be that BMW auxuilary steam engine that recovers the heat from the ICE...
A carbon-fiber Daihatsu UFE-III body, a 0.5L common rail diesel engine, a BMW Turbosteamer regenerator, a Toyota HSD drivetrain, a plug-in-able lithium sulfur battery pack, and some triple-junction solar panels on the roof

Last edited by Sledge; 01-06-2006 at 11:54 AM.
Old 01-06-2006, 11:52 AM
Banned

It think Ford should also offer this kind of powerplant in a Mustang....

Old 01-06-2006, 12:05 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Sledge
...A carbon-fiber Daihatsu UFE-III body, a 0.5L common rail diesel engine, a BMW Turbosteamer regenerator, a Toyota HSD drivetrain, a plug-in-able lithium sulfur battery pack, and some triple-junction solar panels on the roof
That is about as good as it gets.

I think this could get tweaked a bit with an enhanced IMA that would allow limited EV mode and a 6-speed transmission.

If you opted for an extreme measure, replace the two rear tires with just one....

Old 01-06-2006, 02:06 PM
Vegetarian

The blue in the headlights would have to go in the real thing, that's not legal.

Old 01-06-2006, 03:41 PM
Super Moderator & Contributor ($)

Awesome, I want one!

Old 01-06-2006, 03:49 PM
Banned

I wonder if they got the 2+1 seating idea from a Volvo concept car (which Ford owns)?

I'd like to know more about the solar cells - for it, but doubt it will help a lot.

Until/unless fuel cell vehicles are practicle, this is probably going to be the ultimate fuel mizer. Shame that it has to be so complex.

Old 01-07-2006, 01:43 AM
Prof. of Hybridology

Looks like the car from the Spyhunter Video Game.

Quick Reply: Would you consider a Ford Reflex?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands