Got it today finally O8 NAH with TECH

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2007, 03:21 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Got it today finally O8 NAH with TECH

After 6 months, I got my Hybrid Altima with tech in Jade. All options.

I drove it back the 60 miles to my home on two lane highways. Average speed was between 50-58. Computer said I avg.38.2 miles per gallon. Outside Temp was 37 degrees most of the way.I am very happy with that. From some of the professional reviews and even some of the customers, I was concerned what the transition was going to be between EV and ICE mode and back again. I have to say that it was really hardly noticable. It felt more like a gear shift on a manual but even less about 25% of that. Most of the time, I didn't notice and now I don't think it will enter my mind other than when looking at the display.

I tired to get the energy flow meter to shut down all flows for a test glide but couldn't do it once. I wonder if that feature was software out on the NAH.

This is the most fun I have had with a car in a long time. it's like the first trip to DisneyWorld. Well maybe not that exciting but pretty close.

Old 11-30-2007, 07:04 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Got it today finally O8 NAH with TECH

Heehee... Yeah, I remember picking up mine also. Weeee....!

There are some minor annoying things, but the car is great fun.

Good luck.

-Gren

Old 12-02-2007, 10:54 PM
Enthusiast

Congrats... I just had mine just over a week. Racked up 620 miles on it now. Wait till take it up some hills. The eCVT works like no other car I've driven in. I've kept up with V6's & V8's without looking down for a lower gear.

Old 12-03-2007, 05:36 AM
Active Enthusiast

Thanks. the only thing that doesn't work is the 6 CD changer. It won't accept the CD's and pull them into it. It's like triving to feed a crying baby that opens and closes its mouth as soon as you put the CD the opening.

Old 12-03-2007, 01:49 PM
Active Enthusiast

am so glad I have read the forums and knew ahead of time what to expect regarding any of the hybrids in winter weather. My new HAH I picked up last Friday matches all assessments. The car is very tight and sure footed. I have driven over a dozen standard Altima's but I have to say that the NAH sees more planted to the ground and you can feel the extra weight. I find that a good feeling. Feels very solid.

Oddly enough, the only thing I found a problem with is the 6 CD changer. It will not accept any CD's no matter how long I push one of the 6 buttons. Even if I can get the CD to the door, it won't pull it in.

Taking it back on Wednesday to be checked. Yes I read the manual carefully on how to load it. But if this is the only problem it is small. The bluetooth was very easy to set up and I like the voice recognition. As far as the NAV system. I still like my old Garmen better but I will get used to it.