Interior Cabin Filter is a major PIA

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 02:49 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Interior Cabin Filter is a major PIA

After the glove box you have to remove the left side panel in the footwell and then it's way up front kind of where the center console meets the firewall on the floor.

Old 06-02-2009, 09:15 AM
Enthusiast
Thumbs up Re: Interior Cabin Filter is a major PIA

Originally Posted by lloyd123
After the glove box you have to remove the left side panel in the footwell and then it's way up front kind of where the center console meets the firewall on the floor.
Thanks!!! After a bit of feeling around I found the cover and managed to slip out the filter. Good thing there's a tab to grab. It's strange that the filter is larger than the opening but wasn't too bad to remove/replace.

Anyway, aside from some particles in the pleats, it was pretty right and passed sunlight easily. I rinsed it out in the kitchen sink with the sprayer and left it to dry in the sunlight. I'll check it again at the end of the summer and probably replace it regardless. I'll order one or two via the internet. I checked the K&N filter site hoping to find one that was made to be washed but didn't see anything. I wouldn't wash it again and they're cheap enough to replace anyway.

Again, many thanks for the advice!!!
Bob

Old 06-02-2009, 05:36 PM
Active Enthusiast

I can't believe that you're going to go through all that again at the end of the summer - you must be a person of great patience - I was throwing every f-bomb combination I could think of when I did mine.

Old 06-03-2009, 08:06 AM
Enthusiast
Post Re: Interior Cabin Filter is a major PIA

Originally Posted by lloyd123
I can't believe that you're going to go through all that again at the end of the summer - you must be a person of great patience - I was throwing every f-bomb combination I could think of when I did mine.
I was more frustrated finding the thing! Never had a car with a cabin filter before so wasn't sure where to look in the ventilation system. It still wouldn't have been obvious to me without the guidance given (thanks again!).

The primary reason I'll look at it again is that the local auto parts store didn't have a filter in stock and I had to put the thing back together anyway. So, I'll order one or a few (I expect to keep the car for 5-10 years). To me, this is one of those things that once you do it the first time, it should be easier the next. Note the term "should!"
Bob

Last edited by rps944; 06-03-2009 at 08:08 AM. Reason: Add specific thank you to member
Old 08-26-2010, 07:28 AM
Enthusiast

I found this document to be extremely helpful when replacing the Interior Cabin Filter. For my '08 NAH, there was no need to remove the glove box. Passing this along in hopes of saving some folks headaches. Complete install took about 15 min.

http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=...3gdAEdDaWuSemA

Old 08-26-2010, 09:10 AM
Active Enthusiast

Great find - This will save a lot of aggrevation - I did mine according to the manual which instructed to remove the glovebox - maybe they were just trying to increase the hourly chargeback for the dealer.

Old 08-27-2010, 06:25 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by langjie
the nissan service facilty has to make money somehow...

just look at the headlights...have you ever tried to change those bulbs? you have to go through the wheel well, booo!!!!!
Has anyone managed to change a taillight bulb? I canlt figure it out at all. As far as I can tell you need a cutting torch to accrss it. Ilm waiting until the cop gives me a fix-it ticket at this point.

Old 08-28-2010, 10:38 AM
Enthusiast

I also just replaced a burned out taillight bulb. This is also about a 15 minute fix. I purchased two bulbs (Sylvania) for $3.00 at a local auto parts house. I will try to find the step-by-step instructions that show how to remove the taillight assembly. The entire unit is held in by two 7mm bolts. Once I find the info, I'll be sure to pass it along. It was quite easy and suprisingly not technical at all.

Will

Old 09-01-2010, 08:40 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tomscot2
Has anyone managed to change a taillight bulb? I canlt figure it out at all. As far as I can tell you need a cutting torch to accrss it. Ilm waiting until the cop gives me a fix-it ticket at this point.
Originally Posted by hybridwill
I also just replaced a burned out taillight bulb. This is also about a 15 minute fix. I purchased two bulbs (Sylvania) for $3.00 at a local auto parts house. I will try to find the step-by-step instructions that show how to remove the taillight assembly. The entire unit is held in by two 7mm bolts. Once I find the info, I'll be sure to pass it along. It was quite easy and suprisingly not technical at all.

Will
yeah, you need to take off that bolt and then pull the entire taillight assembly from the body. another PITA!!!!

Old 09-01-2010, 02:54 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hybridwill

Will
Do you remove the bolts and then slide the assembly out of the exterior of the vehicle? In other words you pull the assembly out from outside the trunk and then access the bulb, rather than access the bulb from a compartment/door on the interior side of the trunk?

Quick Reply: Interior Cabin Filter is a major PIA

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands