Nissan Altima Hybrid

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 05:54 PM
Enthusiast
Default Nissan Altima Hybrid

Hi,
Anybody own or driven the New Altima Hybrid with the Toyota Technology ?? (Actually am not sure they are even for sale as yet)
$24-25K seems a good price IF its a good car.
Carl

Old 03-09-2007, 03:12 AM
Super Moderator & Contributor ($)
Default Re: Nissan Altima Hybrid

(Altima Hybrid is available in CA, CT, MA, ME, NJ, NY, RI and VT)

http://www.nissanusa.com/altimaHEV/

http://www.nissanusa.com/altima/spec...AltimaHEV.html

Last edited by lakedude; 03-09-2007 at 03:17 AM.
Old 03-09-2007, 10:41 AM
Active Enthusiast

I'm trying to find the answer to this too. If anyone owns an Altima hybrid can you please post what kind of mpg you are getting? And what kind of driving you do?

Old 03-09-2007, 11:37 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Well, Nissan sold about 22,000 Altimas in February, but I cannot locate a story which says how many were NAHs.

I know where the FIRST one in the USA went to:

Nissan

The talk at Nissan is all about the Altima hybrid, which gets around 42 miles per gallon in the city. And Bancroft Nissan, 569 Oxford St., Auburn MA, recently made history three weeks ago when it sold the first Altima hybrid in the United States on Jan. 31, the first day the car came out.

“We got a nice letter from the company congratulating us,” said Larry Glick of Bancroft. “It’s really a nice car.”

The Altima sedan, which is the best selling model at Bancroft, as well as the hybrid are all new for 2007, he added. And both have the continuously variable transmission, which helps in getting a better ride and better fuel efficiency. This s the first time that’s available in an Altima.

Old 03-09-2007, 11:47 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lars-ss
Well, Nissan sold about 22,000 Altimas in February, but I cannot locate a story which says how many were NAHs.

I know where the FIRST one in the USA went to:
There are a ton of them at the dealerships near us, so I'm hoping we see some real world reports show up soon.

Old 03-10-2007, 05:53 AM

Found he Altima February sales figures at greencarcongress:

Nissan’s new Altima Hybrid, on sale in only eight states, posted 206 units in its first month of sales. That represented 0.9% of all Altimas sold in all 50 states.

Old 03-12-2007, 08:26 AM
Active Enthusiast

When do the Nissan's get their forum activated? I'd love to have an area where I can hear about the car from those that own it.

Old 03-12-2007, 08:57 AM
Active Enthusiast

It was brought up on another thread that "servicability" my be a future problem for the Altima hybrid. Is this a concern to anyone here and if not, can you let me knwo why not.

We drove the Altima hybrid yesterday, and it was WONDERFUL. It was actually the nicest of all the cars we drove... right up there with the Camry hybrid. We drove the bare bones model, so it doesn't have all the bells and whistles the Camry hybrid has, but it was still a great car.

We tried re test driving the Prius. The Prius is a great car, but my husband felt the rearview mirrow blocked too much of his vision. He is 6'4". I'm 5'1". The Prius seemed great to me, but his head is higher than mine in field of vision.

We are also going to go down tonight and test drive the Civic hybrid again. We've already driven it once and liked it, but we were just about to buy the Altima hybrid when the "servicability question came up. The poster's concerns were that Nissan is leasing Toyota's technology, but they plan to orphan it shortly in favor of their own technology.

Old 03-12-2007, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by Marianne
It was brought up on another thread that "servicability" my be a future problem for the Altima hybrid. Is this a concern to anyone here and if not, can you let me know why not.

We drove the Altima hybrid yesterday, and it was WONDERFUL. It was actually the nicest of all the cars we drove... right up there with the Camry hybrid. We drove the bare bones model, so it doesn't have all the bells and whistles the Camry hybrid has, but it was still a great car.

We tried re test driving the Prius. The Prius is a great car, but my husband felt the rearview mirror blocked too much of his vision. He is 6'4". I'm 5'1". The Prius seemed great to me, but his head is higher than mine in field of vision.

We are also going to go down tonight and test drive the Civic hybrid again. We've already driven it once and liked it, but we were just about to buy the Altima hybrid when the "serviceability question came up. The poster's concerns were that Nissan is leasing Toyota's technology, but they plan to orphan it shortly in favor of their own technology.
I really don't think the "serviceability" should be an issue at all.......Do you feel that at some point, Nissan will say "OK it's been 15 years since we sold the first Altima Hybrid, and as of right NOW we are no longer servicing them."????

I think that's an odd thing to worry about. I have never heard of a car company doing that.

I say if you like the Altima hybrid better than it's competitors, and it's in your price range, buy the dang thing. Don't fret over the sky falling in 15 years.

Old 03-13-2007, 08:21 AM
Active Enthusiast

Lars, you may have a point. I've been flip flopping since I started this quest.

BTW, what kind of prices are everyone getting quoted. We got $24,350 for the Altima hybrid with the convenience package. This included the destination fee.

Quick Reply: Nissan Altima Hybrid

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands