Pet Peeves with new Altima Hybrid

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 10:38 PM
Enthusiast
Default Pet Peeves with new Altima Hybrid

Decided to finally declare my independence of fuel bills & jump on the great deals with this car. Overall I love the car, I've had 5 other Nissan's so I'm very familiar with Nissan products.

OK, now for the minor annoyances that I've noticed so far since 7/2/09:

1.) At night I just can't seem to adjust the dash lights to a comfortable level, once I get the white speedometer cluster just right, the orange lights on everything else are just too low, is it just me, or is that cluster just bright?
(Also, location of that adjuster is bad & seems fragile)

2.) Trunk opens while driving, this I discovered while driving around the lot getting acclimated & mistakenly pushed the dash trunk opener, not sure if it pops at any speed, but someone wasn't thinking on this. Even a 1983 T-bird I once owned had an interlock that prevented this, & that was inside the glove box!

3.) I thought I had a bad speaker until I discovered the problem was actually my sunglasses in the overhead compartment that is supposed to hold them conveniently. I'll have to find some (better) felt or something to line that with. (And no, I wasn't listening to rap cranked up either, lol.)

4.) Sunroof in vent position, wind hissing is bad, have to get the deflector to see if that helps.

5.) Trunk carpet mat is real cheap, bunches easily, have to spring for the upgrade I guess.

6.) Speaker volume when blue tooth comes on is too low, not at a comparable level as to the music that shuts off.

7.) The battery compartment door in the trunk to access the lead acid battery should have been designed better. I carry a lot of expensive equipment in the trunk and if that battery ever blew, it certainly wouldn't stop the acid., lol. I'll have to check on finding some soft, absorbent hazmat material that won't cause any interference with the metal contacts in there, just in case.

And of course the "computer", but I knew that going in, as everyone else so it's just a matter of dealing with it.

Old 07-08-2009, 11:00 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Pet Peeves with new Altima Hybrid

1. I don't have a problem with it, you'll probably get used to it

2. There is a kill switch in the glove box that prevents the trunk from opening via the ikey or the release (not sure how you'd open it at that point) I think the problem is you accidentally hit the ikey trunk release when it's in your pocket. (I bought one of these to help prevent accidental pushing... http://www.thejacketstore.com/servle...y-Cover/Detail)

3. a lot of people have that problem and have that solution

4. I think most cars without deflectors suffer from some level of this

5. it's not great, but I don't have too many issues with that

6. you can adjust the volume. when you're on a call, tune the volume up

7. I'm not sure what the failure rate of batteries are, but hopefully it's not that bad that you would need to do this. I don't think the battery is as stressed as a non-hybrid anyways