Pricing in relation to MSRP

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 01:38 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Pricing in relation to MSRP

Originally Posted by cwerdna
That's an incredible (unbelievably low) price IMHO, esp. considering the invoice of the technology package is >$5K. At that kind of price, I almost feel like my mom got ripped off getting a leftover 07 NAH w/o technology package a few months ago.

Are you sure they didn't low ball/ream you on the trade in? That's one way for them to make it look like the car's cheaper. (My mom had nothing to trade in.)

If such a deal is repeatable w/trade in, I'd go tell my friend who's in the market for a car to run, don't walk to that dealer for a NAH.

I traded in the camry at 78K miles for $10K, which was basically the private seller kelly blue book price for the condition, miles, and almost no extras. Pretty good on the trade in I would have to say.

That dealership is out of 07 NAH, so the story might have changed completely by now. Also now they know theres a fairly high demand for hybrid vehicles because of the rising gas costs. Since we are still in early 2008, an 08 vehicle in demand will not get you any bargain power compared with an 07 vehicle that was barely noticed by the public back when I bought mine.

anyways, if you do send your friend to the Nissan Irvine dealer have him get an i-net quote first (the guy's name is Joe Rosales). Tell your friend though, that unless he is experienced in negotiating pricing, that particular sales rep can be very tricky and persuading. I almost gave in to him for an extra 1.2K in the dealer's favor.

Also, I would suggest that your friend shops around for an 07 NAH to see if any dealer still has one that it wants to get rid of... Should be able to get an awesome deal on an 07 now.

Old 05-13-2008, 02:10 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Pricing in relation to MSRP

Originally Posted by ILoveChess100
I traded in the camry at 78K miles for $10K, which was basically the private seller kelly blue book price for the condition, miles, and almost no extras. Pretty good on the trade in I would have to say.

That dealership is out of 07 NAH, so the story might have changed completely by now. Also now they know theres a fairly high demand for hybrid vehicles because of the rising gas costs. Since we are still in early 2008, an 08 vehicle in demand will not get you any bargain power compared with an 07 vehicle that was barely noticed by the public back when I bought mine.

anyways, if you do send your friend to the Nissan Irvine dealer have him get an i-net quote first (the guy's name is Joe Rosales). Tell your friend though, that unless he is experienced in negotiating pricing, that particular sales rep can be very tricky and persuading. I almost gave in to him for an extra 1.2K in the dealer's favor.

Also, I would suggest that your friend shops around for an 07 NAH to see if any dealer still has one that it wants to get rid of... Should be able to get an awesome deal on an 07 now.
Wow! If you got KBB private party value on a trade in along w/the incredible deal, my hats off to you.

At that kind of price, if they still had 07 NAH's available, it'd totally be worth the drive or flight from from San Jose to So Cal.