Tire Vibration

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 09:18 AM
Enthusiast
Default Tire Vibration

Greetings Everyone:
I'm into my second month of owning my NAH and getting used to it as I let go of my 14 year old Sentra...great car. At highway speeds of 60-75 miles per hour (although I try to stay below that most of the time) I am getting a very slight but rapid vibration in the wheel and pedal. Dealer inspected and said tires were "out of round". Continental replaced three of the four agreeing and also adding that originals were not balanced correctly- which I also suspected. Although the problem is almost cleared up, I still detect a bit more than the super-smooth ride I'd expect from a 29K car. Anyone experience anything similar? Anyone swap to a higher quality touring tire? Thanks.

Old 01-08-2008, 09:38 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Tire Vibration

Sorry no. Smooth as glass up to 90.

If I were you, I would take a closer look at that 4th unchanged tire. Closer and closer and closer, until something can be found wrong with it, and so also changed. I mean c'mon, 3 tires had a problem, but the 4th didn't? Even if it's fine, I'd still want it changed. At the very least temporarily, to prove it out.

Maybe you need an alignment?

-Gren