Warranty Svc (out of state)

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2009, 08:35 AM
Enthusiast
Default Warranty Svc (out of state)

I recently purchased a used '08 Altima Hybrid in Nashville (and love it). It have a problem with a dash compartment door, so I took it to the local dealer. The service folks looked at the car as if it were a unicorn saying, " I don't know if we can touch this car since its a hybrid.
Not being in one of the "sales states", it seems none of the local dealerships have invested in training or equipment. Nissan HQ says it is their (Nissan's) responsibility to honor the car warranty and they will contact me next week.

Anyone else have this problem, (and a solution)?

Am I to believe that if you buy this car in one of the "chosen states", you cannot leave the state with the car if you want to have your car repaired?

Old 05-18-2009, 07:27 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Warranty Svc (out of state)

dash compartment door? doesn't sound mechanical, they should fix it w/o a problem. the only thing untrained dealers wouldn't be able to do is mechanical stuff

Old 05-26-2009, 07:09 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Warranty Svc (out of state)

I bought my hybrid Altima in NYC and then moved to Michigan. I was able to get serviced at the Nissan in Ann Arbor. Warranty repairs that involved the hybrid system needed to be done by a hybrid trained technician. The closest one was 20 mins away in Canton. I took it there and I have had no problems with service from them. Long story short, you should be able to get warranty repairs from any Nissan dealership that has a trained hybrid tech. There should be at least one within reasonable driving distance.

Chris