Off Topic Politics, life, gadgets, people... gobbledygook.

Bought a 06 Civic EX Sedan, 5MT, Navi, Silver

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2005, 10:16 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Bought a 06 Civic EX Sedan, 5MT, Navi, Silver

Originally Posted by xcel
Hi Psyshack:

___You are comparing glide capabilities of the 06 Civic aginst your 05 Accord? About all I can add is the 7th gen Accord’s just glide, and glide, and glide … I have some miles in the Ranger this month and I have to pulse on down hills to maintain speed where the Accord is still accelerating let alone slow speed stuff where that Accord almost feels like the ICE is pushing during a FAS until she actually comes to a dead stop! The Insight was not much of a glider, the Prius II’s I have driven are definitely not, the FEH is just so so, and the HCH-I is just OK. The Accord is a step above all and I have no way of explaining it other then possibly a much more massive tire/rim combo holding inertia?

___As for your recent experiences, holding a 34 mpg lmpg is going to be easy in that thing but did you see the 05/06 HCH and non-hybrid Civic ratio thread? Honda really screwed over the non-hybrid’s and the stick based 06 the worst of all

Wayne Im not worried at all about the final drive ratio at all on my 5MT Civic. Im working on a Tank that will be in the low 40's. Should know this evening. This on a car still under 1k miles. No where near broken in. I dont like the coast issue. It has improved just a slight bit. It will never coast like the Accord. It is a glider for sure. The higher rpm if not on it hard I dont think over all will mess up hypermiling over all. It load drives great! So basicly you dont lose much in speed when climbing hills and over pass's. Which leaves you in good shape for a glide on the other side. Some of the glide issue is the gripy tires on it. They are Bridgestone Tarenza's. They have a 300 thread wear rating I think. Compared to the Accord Micky's at 360 or 380. Right or wrong on the tread wear rating they are a much softer tire. And that = rolling resestance. The engine in 5th gear at 1500rpm is lugging it. The 5AT's are lugging themselves at 1500 rpm or so in 5th because of a bad lower lock point in the converter. So my car seems to be real drivable between 1500 and 4000 rpm. Above 4000 rpm it becomes a diff. car. Yeah Vtec!!!

Wayne do you know of anybody other than scangauge or what ever there name is that makes a real time display of mpg and such. I bought the car knowing this feature wasnt in the Navi system. But the more i think about it the madder it makes me that its not included. The amber read out on that one scangauge system is not acceptible.

Jeff

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes

Old 12-30-2005, 10:28 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

--

Last edited by xcel; 12-02-2007 at 07:16 PM.
Old 12-30-2005, 02:24 PM

Thanks Wayne.

Just posted a tank @ 38.6 . Was hopeing for much much better than that. I let a buddy test drive it today. He came back impressed. Jumped in his 04 Civic EX Coupe AT low miles, said he was heading out to trade his in on a new coupe. So Im sure he jumped on it. The tires where abit scrubed. Im sure he dented my tank. Its all good if he gets a new car thats quicker and has better mpg. If you think about it the car is still under 1k miles. And has seen temps in the mid 30's for the morning drive all week.

Last edited by psyshack; 12-30-2005 at 02:26 PM.
Old 01-04-2006, 04:45 PM

Just posted a 40mpg tank in the Civic.

Got caught up on the Accord. I just told the wife I could get her mpg at 100 mph. Shakeing head.

Old 01-04-2006, 05:39 PM

http://www.scantool.net/