Off Topic Politics, life, gadgets, people... gobbledygook.

Evil Truck Drivers???

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2006, 04:15 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Evil Truck Drivers???

Rather than hijack the Escalade thread I thought it might be more appropriate to continue the discussion over here.

Originally Posted by Delta Flyer
Chilly,

In case you haven't realized it, quite a few others that share similar views to mine - so you apparently hate them as well. You willfully choose to overlook my posts that state I was not dissing the HH, people that actually need to haul people/stuff more than a few times a year in a truck/SUV.
I haven’t' overlooked anything and hate are your words not mine. Not once did I ever use that word. Clearly reading comprehension is not your strong suit. You have completely failed to absorb the message that has been posted. The concept that you think you can determine a person’s attitude, needs, or EGO simple based on the few seconds you pass him on the freeway are comical. I would like to understand how you feel you can justify these stereotypes? What are you basing this hard fast judgment on? For all you know the truck that person is driving may was be holding the truck for a relative that is currently stationed overseas, or many many many other numerous reasons. And yet you feel justified that you can judge this person in that brief second that you take a snap shot. I question who really has the ego. The person driving the truck or the person snapping the camera with a self-righteous attitude.

I will say it again. I could CARELESS what you think of me or what I drive. I never once said you were dissing the HH or persons who need a truck. I have simple pointed out that it is awful presumption, arrogant, and judgmental of you to stereotype and individual because of the vehicle he is driving, or how he sits behind a wheel.

You prefer to throw perjoritives like "fascist" and "Judge Dredd" to keep an agreement going. It's strange you are the only one launching these attacks. Why do you ignore these points or bother to say much about yourself such as a where you live? If you think a mysterious identity and a chip on your shoulder gives you any credibility, rant on. It's very common for trollers to give near zero info about themselves, as opposed to active members are geninuly interested in the forum. We just had one at the time you joined...
Ah yes the judgmental behavior of yours shows through again. Because I have not told you where I live or what I do or how many children I have, I must be an evil evil troll. Rather than focusing on the issue that has been put to you, you try to deflect the obvious argument and turn it into a subject that has no bearing on this discussion. Where I live does not change the fact that you have a propensity to stereotype truck owners solely based on a few seconds on the road.

I and many others see huge vehicles bully their way down the highway and/or with drivers that are on some kind of power trip.
As have I. I have not only seen people drive aggressively in trucks; I have also seen Prius owners cut people off. I have seen Motorcycle drivers drive like madmen. I have seen BMW owner act like they own the road. This happens in all types of vehicles. I am sure I have cut people off in my time as well. Does this make me a power hungry ego feeding yuppie because I may not have seen someone in my blind spot? I guess if I did this in a BIG NASTY TRUCK it does. But if I was driving my HH it is a different issue?

Again, I did not say everyone does this, but I do see it daily (note: Chilly has some kind of behavioral disability that prevents him from understanding that qualification - common in trolls).
Ah yes. You have judged me correctly. It is the darn behavioral disability of mine. Please keep in mind I don't think it is very PC of you to make fun on my condition and or disability. I would think such a pious person as you would be more sensitive to making such comments.

By the way you have yet to tell me if you are using a gas hungry power mower while cutting your grass. Are you afraid a little inner reflection may reveal a small amount of power hungry ego?

Old 02-15-2006, 04:16 PM
Default Re: Evil Truck Drivers???

Stop this bickering.