Old Marketplace Archive This section is closed to new listings.

Is civic hybrid battery replacement expensive?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 02:25 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Is civic hybrid battery replacement expensive?

Although, I know that civic hybrid battery is designed for a lifetime still I wanna know if replacing a civic hybrid battery is expensive? There might be warranties on the side but it's expired already.

Old 05-26-2010, 05:50 AM
Engineering Professor
Default Re: Is civic hybrid battery replacement expensive?

Rebuilt batteries are available for about $1500. One outfit on Long Island, NY specializes in rebuilding HCH batteries.

JeffD

Old 05-26-2010, 12:40 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Just going from memory, is this an '07 you're talking about? The Honda warranty on the battery is 8 years, if I'm not mistaken.

Of course having battery problems, and getting Honda to cave in and replace it can be two different things. They would likely insist on updating the car's software first. By all reports the main object of that exercise is to reduce the car's demands on the battery.

Also, regarding the "lifetime" of an HCHII IMA battery, I would speculate: a goldfish lifetime sounds about right

Old 05-27-2010, 05:44 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mendel Leisk
Just going from memory, is this an '07 you're talking about? The Honda warranty on the battery is 8 years, if I'm not mistaken.

Of course having battery problems, and getting Honda to cave in and replace it can be two different things. They would likely insist on updating the car's software first. By all reports the main object of that exercise is to reduce the car's demands on the battery.

Also, regarding the "lifetime" of an HCHII IMA battery, I would speculate: a goldfish lifetime sounds about right

Alright, thanks a lot.

Old 05-27-2010, 12:39 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Well, maybe even a gerbil lifetime

Old 05-28-2010, 09:50 AM
Enthusiast

I would say yes. I am being told by Honda that it will cost $3000.00 to replace mine. I just turned over 100k miles on my hch 2005. Not happy. I had hoped the prices would have been down by the time I needed one. I was told they would last at least 150 to 180k. I am looking for an alternate way to get the battery as 3k is just too much for a 5 year old car.