P0BDD & P0AC4 codes

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2017, 05:31 PM
Enthusiast
Default P0BDD & P0AC4 codes

Well i bought my 2010 Tahoe hybrid with 70k on it in 2014. Now it has 154K highway miles, and yesterday the engine light came on. There was no slipping of the trans but slight revving when accelerating. I pressed the onstar button and they said "Electric propulsion system not performing as expected service in 7 days" and "Hybrid control processor malfunction service in 1 day." Well after it sat for a while I started it up and the light was off. I drove to work today and no light was on, pressed on star and they said there were no codes. On the way home it popped back on again. I called onstar and they said the codes P0BDD & P0AC4 showing up. Anyone else have this issue? Thanks. I love these trucks so much I bought a 2011 Tahoe hybrid last year and have never had any issues. service done by dealers.

Last edited by v90hamm77; 08-29-2017 at 05:44 PM.
Old 12-11-2017, 04:31 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: P0BDD & P0AC4 codes

Not much action on this thread, but hoping to see how your truck is going? My 13 Denali just threw the same 2 codes. 78K miles, no issues in driving or shifting. Any insights would be great. Thanks!

Old 12-11-2017, 04:45 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mwebster13
Not much action on this thread, but hoping to see how your truck is going? My 13 Denali just threw the same 2 codes. 78K miles, no issues in driving or shifting. Any insights would be great. Thanks!
Bad hybrid battery:

https://www.greenhybrid.com/forums/f...tml#post263714

Last we heard, he was going for a new one.

Old 12-11-2017, 05:20 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mwebster13
Hello! I went with the dealer battery and the truck runs better than ever. Goes into autostop quickly and stays there until I accelerate hard or past 30. MPGs went up by 2 miles. No more codes or surging and jerking. Worth the price to know it's AC Delco and should last another 150,000 miles. Seems like yours should've been good longer than 79k. Has it been sitting up a lot?

Old 12-11-2017, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by v90hamm77
Hello! I went with the dealer battery and the truck runs better than ever. Goes into autostop quickly and stays there until I accelerate hard or past 30. MPGs went up by 2 miles. No more codes or surging and jerking. Worth the price to know it's AC Delco and should last another 150,000 miles. Seems like yours should've been good longer than 79k. Has it been sitting up a lot?
Hardly. It's Toyota. Well, technically, it's Primearth EV Energy, but they are 80% owned by Toyota and 20% owned by Panasonic.

Made in Japan.

Glad to hear you went the new route. Definitely the long term solution.

Old 12-11-2017, 05:32 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by S Keith
Hardly. It's Toyota. Well, technically, it's Primearth EV Energy, but they are 80% owned by Toyota and 20% owned by Panasonic.

Made in Japan.

Glad to hear you went the new route. Definitely the long term solution.
I got you. I was so close to going rebuilt but you helped my decision back then!

Old 12-12-2017, 09:38 AM
Active Enthusiast

I went the greenbean route. I'd already spend so much trying to fix the worn camshaft caused by the bad AFM lifters that I just didn't have the extra $2,000 to go new. It immediately helped the issue, but now I think my Cylinder #8 is misfiring again. I can't afford to get the cylinder serviced again. No codes - just a rough idle with Cylinder 8 showing up to 50 misfires per cycle.

My goal is to pay down all the debt that I've accrued in owning this vehicle while still driving it. Two years may be it, but maybe I'll get three more. Then no more GM hybrids for me.

Old 12-12-2017, 09:45 AM

Please keep us up to date as to the GreanBean reliability.

Concerning the misfire, this is a very bad plan. Frequent misfires, particularly if they cause rough running are almost certain to contribute to other issues, and you risk engine damage. Do your own research before you decide to go this route.

Old 12-12-2017, 09:51 AM
Active Enthusiast

I did it ASA (Against S Keith's Advise). I will be sure to keep folks here posted. I've had the Greenbean in for about a month, and my average MPG is 20.2. If I were the sole driver, I'd be able to keep it around 20.6-21.0. My wife drives it like a Ferrari.

Yes - I'm concerned about my misfire. It's already cost me a camshaft. I'm THINKING that the boneheaded mechanic that I already spent $4k with is just incompetent, but I haven't the cash to take it elsewhere and I refuse to let him sniff the car again.

Maybe it's the same that I found in Cyl 7 - a wrong spark plug.

Old 12-12-2017, 09:57 AM

ASA... LOL... well, if your timeframe is only two years, and you intend to be rid of it, you did what was right for you. Honestly, I hope I'm wrong about GB.

At a minimum, you could confirm the spark plug yourself. Personally, that's the first thing I do with a misfire... replace ALL spark plugs.

Quick Reply: P0BDD & P0AC4 codes

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands