07 Camry hybrid / first tank a gas

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 05:36 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 07 Camry hybrid / first tank a gas

Originally Posted by Burt Bochner
Thanks for the tip nowhere to buy my phones but I think my problem with my phone is that its first generation blue Tooth not the new 2 nd gen. anyways I was impressed by your photo songs could take some but naive beat you do at time that taillight photo is great !!! I didn't realize my taillight's look so good! I knew I had the LED tail -lights but I didn't know what they looked like! Anyways I wanted a ash to a question to see maybe you have a cure for this problem, I find that all the 12 volts outlets turn off when you in the ignition goes off so my eye potted doesn't get charged to my cellphone doesn't get charged I've gone to electrical car or people likes a stereo shop and they said they won't touch it because it's a hybrid! All I wanted them to do was convert my outlets to being on all the time. To have you had any such problem with the way you use electricity in your car? This is my first response ever to something that I have posted please disregard anything as far as grammer are or things spelled wrong because I am a terrible typists I am I am using a voice recognition program. They say it has a 95 percent accuracy I think it is probably around 97 percent accurate. Anyways if you have any suggestions about so finding someone to switch my car over to 12 volts being on all the time please let me know.

BB cableguy
I don't have an answer for your question, but I am glad that you pointed out the fact that you are using a voice recognition system. Now I know I should NEVER buy one!!

I think 95 perscent accuracy might be just a little bit on the high side.

Old 06-12-2006, 05:44 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I'm not sure that having the 12V outlets on all the time would be a good idea. My husband has set his XM Roady to turn itself off after an hour, because his Jetta doesn't turn off the power to its "cigarette lighter" and I think you can drain the battery by leaving the Roady on all the time. My Corolla, on the other hand, shuts off when I turn off the car, so the Roady doesn't drain the battery at all.

Old 06-12-2006, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by Lilarienne
I'm not sure that having the 12V outlets on all the time would be a good idea. My husband has set his XM Roady to turn itself off after an hour, because his Jetta doesn't turn off the power to its "cigarette lighter" and I think you can drain the battery by leaving the Roady on all the time. My Corolla, on the other hand, shuts off when I turn off the car, so the Roady doesn't drain the battery at all.
I gotta say that I am with you on this one. My Chevy Trailblazer has always-on 12V outlets, and I wish it was switched with the ignition. I don't need my radar detector or portable GPS on when I shut off the truck, so I have to power them down when I leave the car. I have an XM RoadyXT and I have mine set to shut off in an hour too. This is annoying, though when you are in the car more than an hour, and it turns itself off while you are driving...

Old 06-13-2006, 03:37 AM

Originally Posted by Burt Bochner
All I wanted them to do was convert my outlets to being on all the time.

BB cableguy
I may be overly cautious, but I'd be nerous about buying a new car and giving the manufacturer a reason to void all or part of your warranty.

Old 06-14-2006, 05:17 PM
Enthusiast

Your are right! I talked to toyota today! tThey said that if I run power to my I pod that dosen't turn off with the ignition switch it could voaid my Warr

Old 06-14-2006, 06:33 PM

Glad I could point that out before you did something that might cost you a bunch of money later. I'd be hesitant to let someone who doesn't know about the hybrid's electronics (and high-voltage) tinker with it.