2007 hybrid, this could be dangerous....

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2008, 06:14 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 2007 hybrid, this could be dangerous....

Originally Posted by rmorrow
I haven't come across one yet that does that. It may be in some cars, but certainly not common enough that I would be assuming that to be normal behaviour. Which is why I always think of turning on my lights myself, as I mentioned previously.
Since you've obviously had cars that support that feature, out of curiosity, what kind?
My 2000 Chrysler LHS had this feature, new 8 years ago. Maybe my assumption that by now, this would be a feature expected to find very common on new cars, is a poor assumption. If I overstated that feature I am sorry. Instead,I will say, if you expected your 2007 Camry hybrid to activate your headlights when you are using your windshield wipers, the results will be as I described in my original post. Sorry for any confusion.

Old 02-16-2008, 04:07 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by acco20
My 2000 Chrysler LHS had this feature, new 8 years ago. Maybe my assumption that by now, this would be a feature expected to find very common on new cars, is a poor assumption. If I overstated that feature I am sorry. Instead,I will say, if you expected your 2007 Camry hybrid to activate your headlights when you are using your windshield wipers, the results will be as I described in my original post. Sorry for any confusion.
Fair enough. Just so you know - I wasn't trying to be critical - just offering my two cents.

Old 02-16-2008, 09:48 PM
Pragmatist

I would like to see something like "Daytime Running Tail Lights". Basically, whenever the daytime running lights are on in front, the tail lights should be on (at reduced power) in back. The purpose of DRLs is to help other drivers see your car. Why not give the same help the other drivers who are driving toward your car from behind?

Old 02-16-2008, 11:09 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SteveHansen
I would like to see something like "Daytime Running Tail Lights". Basically, whenever the daytime running lights are on in front, the tail lights should be on (at reduced power) in back. The purpose of DRLs is to help other drivers see your car. Why not give the same help the other drivers who are driving toward your car from behind?
All Audis sold in Canada have the parking lights (and thus taillights) and foglights (as DRLs) on at all times.

Old 02-17-2008, 01:57 AM
Old 02-17-2008, 05:00 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

From what i have noticed, if it is not dark enough for the headlight symbol to illuminate on the instrament panel in "auto".......then in order to have the tail lights on you must turn the switch to "on"........as you have mentioned. DRL's only turn the inside lights on in a reduced brightness mode. If you want to have the tail lights on in this situation then the "on" position is your only option. I have used that several times when it is slightly dark but not enough to turn on the headlights. Adjusting the brightness might change the operation of the system.

Old 02-17-2008, 07:08 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SteveHansen
Yes,.......this would be a great addition.

Old 02-18-2008, 05:45 AM
Beyond AM. Beyond FM.

Originally Posted by mikieboyblue
This already exists. It might be on some higher-end cars but the Hyundai's (maybe it was Kia??) now have it.
Uh, it was sick humor on my part. But it was trying to convey a deeper message: Like they say, make something idiot-proof, we'll develop a better idiot.

Old 02-18-2008, 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by jay_man2
Uh, it was sick humor on my part. But it was trying to convey a deeper message: Like they say, make something idiot-proof, we'll develop a better idiot.
Just wanted to let you know it isn't as far fetched as one would hope....haha....

On a lighter note, I encountered some heavy fog this morning and I put my headlights on ...

Old 02-18-2008, 11:33 AM
Beyond AM. Beyond FM.

Originally Posted by mikieboyblue
Just wanted to let you know it isn't as far fetched as one would hope....haha....

On a lighter note, I encountered some heavy fog this morning and I put my headlights on ...
I already knew about rain-sensing wipers from owning a couple of RX330s. They worked as advertised, but there were still sometimes that I'd have to turn the wipers on manually. And I'm sure that over at ClubLexus.com, someone's griping about forgetting to disable the feature before going through a carwash.

At least we can sit in the comfort of our own homes or offices and gripe about the operation of features on our automobiles on the Internet, and not have to worry about walking to school uphill both ways barefoot in the snow carrying our ham biscuits in a tin bucket.

Last edited by jay_man2; 02-18-2008 at 12:23 PM.

Quick Reply: 2007 hybrid, this could be dangerous....

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands