Adjust timer on lights off

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2007, 05:39 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Adjust timer on lights off

Originally Posted by haroldo
Sure, if the fob is accessible, but I keep it in a pocket that is zipped shut and if it's cold and wearing gloves or carrying something, it isn't a good option. I don't mind seeing the lights go from on to off, since it tells me I did it correctly. I'd prefer a shorter time frame.
In my case it is less about battery paranoia and more about courtesy.

I live at the end of a cul-de-sac with a lot of children. When I park, I do a wide clearing sweep for visibility, then I back uphill into my driveway for maximum visibility the next time I go out.

Those lights... they shine in my neighbors living room down the street.

Old 12-21-2007, 07:07 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Adjust timer on lights off

The 30 second setting works nicely for me. We live in an area surrounded by woods and fields, so it is very dark at night, even with the yard light. My garage is about 100 feet behind my house, so if I back the car into the garage, the 30 seconds is just about enough time to make it to the house with the driveway illuminated. Then I close the garage door with the remote in the house.