Advice on picking up TCH

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2006, 05:16 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Advice on picking up TCH

I suggest you pick up the vehicle in broad daylight so that it is easy to spot any defects.

Old 10-25-2006, 05:58 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jbollt
Have them agree to adjust any of the customizable items for free. Example: One click of the remote un-lock button can open all doors (if you want that). There are many other options regarding the auto headlights, locking options etc. See the list at http://toyotaiguide.com/content/07Camry/iGuide.htm Go to "other features", then "customizable electronic features"
Is it possible to adjust all these many options oneself? Note, I have just printed them out from the iGuide, there are five pages of them listed and no instructions as to how to change most of them as far as I could see!

I know it is possible for me to change the door locking options for example but I am wondering if some of them have to be done by the dealer? Am I entitled to one free programming? If the dealer has to do the programming is there normally a charge for reprogramming?

I would appreciate any information that anybody has on this. I hope to get my new TCH in the next 2 to 3 weeks.

Old 10-25-2006, 06:02 PM
Active Enthusiast

Where do I find the PDI (Predelivery Inspection) checklist? I read in one of these posts that it is available online. Could somebody please point me to the URL, I've searched and cannot find it, thanks

Old 10-25-2006, 06:50 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Paulgw
Is it possible to adjust all these many options oneself?

........ Am I entitled to one free programming? If the dealer has to do the programming is there normally a charge for reprogramming?

Most (or all) of the options mentioned in that area are dealer only programable.

Some dealers have charged owners, while others have not. That is why I mentioned to get the salesman to agree to do them for free. It only takes the service person about 10 minutes to change the options, and is likely that the salesman will get the service dept to comply at no cost to you.

A suggestion would be to get the approval at the time of delivery, then drive the car a few weeks to be sure what options you want changed.

Good luck, and be sure to let us know how it goes, and your first impressions after delivery.

Jeff

Old 10-25-2006, 07:29 PM
Active Enthusiast

[QUOTE=jbollt]Most (or all) of the options mentioned in that area are dealer only programable.

Thanks Jeff for your quick reply. Do you know if they use they same gadget they attach to the plug under the dash to read fault codes?

Old 10-25-2006, 07:54 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Paulgw

Thanks Jeff for your quick reply. Do you know if they use they same gadget they attach to the plug under the dash to read fault codes?
Paul, I think so, but not 100% certain it is the same device, but I am pretty sure it plugs into the same port under the dash.

Jeff