All Season Mats

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2006, 07:33 PM
HSD Organic Interface
Thumbs up All Season Mats

I just got in from giving my TCH its first top to bottom, front to back clean including wax. The all season mats I received with the car were already in when I picked up the car, so I never paid much attention to them until today.

I know, how excited can you get over rubber mats. But I really must comment that these are excellent mats. I was going to take them out until winter but I think I will leave them in. Sure, they are not as nice looking as the carpetted mats, but they have the following good points:
  • perfect shaped match to interior.
  • raised "Toyota" and "Camry" lettering (when I removed the mats, there was still a "Toyota" impression on the carpetted mats underneath).
  • interesting honeycomb pattern. Adds to the appearance.
  • supple and flexible, not stiff and boardlike, easy to remove and replace.
  • unlike regular mats, dirt that is tracked into the car stays on the mat thanks to the outer edging, inside of migrating to other areas of the car that are harder to vacuum.
  • easy to clean and dry.
The only negative point is that I don't think they would qualify as pant saver type mats. The honeycombs are a bit too open to prevent long pants from possibly soaking up a bit of melt/salt water during winter.

If these things were color matched they would be awesome. If anyone is pondering Toyota vs generic mats, I'm giving these 2 thumbs up.

Old 06-30-2006, 05:06 AM
Olde Farte
Default Re: All Season Mats

I agree totally on the all-weather mats. It was the first thing I added to my TCH (okay - the ONLY thing ).

Your's say "Toyota" and "Camry"? Mine only say "Camry". Hmmmm?